Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN
So I'm sure none of you noticed, but I've been gone for a while.

Towards the end of the summer, I was involved in a bit of a car accident. And by "a bit of car accident" I mean that I was hit by a large truck when the trucker fell asleep after being on the road for too long. That kept me laid up pretty well for a few months.

Then I had to make up for lost law school time. I was a bit behind in all the stuff I had to do for school, but I was able to squeeze in "a bit" of extra work and made up for the time I lost.

I finally made it through my recovery and the semester, and now feel that I finally have the time to make my return to the community here. At least until next semester starts up again. :p

I hope things have been going well for everyone these last six months or so, and I look forward to being able to contribute to the boards once again!

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Welcome back! I've never been in your accident situation, but I've worked with a lot of people who have. Recovery is hard work! You should be proud of yourself! And it's definitely great that you're back here too! :)

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN
Thanks! I was pretty lucky with the accident. As lucky as one can be in that situation, anyway. Fortunately, I had taken my dad's Pathfinder to get its oil changed for him. I think having the extra room saved me from anything too horrible. I don't know what would have happened in my Camry (though I think it's probably pretty safe), but I made it out with basically just some damage to my extremities. It was scary and painful, but I definitely came out a lot better than I could have, :)

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
Welcome back - glad to hear there was no permanent damage done and that you were able to recover fully. It's scary what an 18-wheeler can do. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.