Hello all, little help please?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by garytheanimal, Aug 11, 2011.

1. garytheanimal macrumors newbie

I recently had my laptop bag stolen containing the laptop and my back up external drive, I replaced the laptop with a Macbook Pro due to already owning an iPad and iPhone 4. The bad bit is that the laptop and external drive had some photos stored of holidays I've been on over the last 12 months. The good bit is the photos are on my iPad and iPhone 4 too but I've no idea how i get them off and onto my Macbook and replacement external hard drive, when I plug the iPhone in and use 'Preview' it's only giving me the option to import the photos in the cameras folder.

Is there a way I can get all the photos off the iPhone? I'm reluctant to plug it into iTunes in case I lose them all with it being synced to a new library.

2. Munchkinsdad macrumors regular

Munchkinsdad

I don't know how Mac works but on pc I can view and edit photos from iPhone in explorer view without using iTunes. If you know how to do that on a Mac (if possible), your golden!

3. schoolfurniture macrumors newbie

No offense but you should reconsider your computer choice. :)

4. pezasied182 macrumors 6502

Plug iPhone/iPad into MacBook, open iPhoto, import all photos.

5. garytheanimal thread starter macrumors newbie

None taken, I have a desktop PC just thought I'd try a Mac too....you never know until you try. :)

6. garytheanimal thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried that but it only imports the photos in the camera album, the photos I'm after are all in their own separate folders in the photos album.

7. YEEZY macrumors member

There are programs to take stuff off your Mac. One of them being Pod to Mac. Just try the trial period of the program, and see how it is for you.