Hello dear members, question inside.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sedde, Aug 9, 2011.

1. sedde macrumors newbie

Hi guys, i am fairly new to the macbook scene, since i own a tech shop for mostly windows pc's here in greece and apple isn't really big here, but i fell in love with MacBooks since i met my wife ( she is greek american ) and she had a mbp 13 2009. I am not really a noob when it comes to fixing computers and stuff and i can even make logic board repairs and stuff, and i am planning now that i am moving in the states for good to open an apple/pc repair shop just like the one i have here, in the mechanicsburg/harrisburg area.

So the question that seems to bother me these days, is this :

I bought a MC721 ( my bad i should have bought a MC723 and will at some point ), and i am thinking to stuff in an SSD. So my question is : i don't really play games anymore or do a lot of stuff on my mbp so i am thinking, should i buy a small ssd like 64gb, and then have the 500gb mechanical on the optibay and use the ssd for the mac os and the other as space ? or should i buy a momentus xt since i am not doing really complex stuff, and have the drive to load stuff on its ssd and keep the cdrom ?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You may have better success in attracting responses to your thread, and you'll make your thread easier to find for those searching for the same answers, if you follow this tip.

3. sedde thread starter macrumors newbie

I have searched and i didn't find quite the answer i seek, i want someone who did it to tell me if its possible to use a 64gb ssd for the os and 500 as space to install applications and stuff.

4. salbiani macrumors member

I know you can move your home folder to another drive (I did this when I only had a 32GB SSD), but I'm not sure about the apps.

Then again are you going to have over 50Gb of apps?

5. sedde thread starter macrumors newbie

Not really, but i am not having anything big now on my mbp, and the installation is still 42gb on drive. So is 64gb enough ? Isn't the momentus xt a good change ?