hello everone!!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by edward1027, Nov 11, 2007.

1. edward1027 macrumors newbie

HI everyone out there, i have learned so many things from this forum. I am finally going to get my macbook this month but dont know wether to get it with my educational discount or wait for the after thanksgiving sale. Which do you guys think will be the better discount. Oh also can mac play avi files casue i cant get them to play on my girlfreinds iMac even though i already downloaded divx, any suggestions.

Thank everyone
    Edward:)

2. webgoat macrumors 6502a

webgoat

just throwing this idea out there... sign up for student adc membership for $99 and you can get a 20% discount on your computer purchase plus you'll receive an extra copy of leopard you can sell which may make it cheaper than just the education discount... i wish i had gone this route when i purchased my mbp in july as i would have saved more money and received a copy of leopard

http://developer.apple.com/products/student.html

3. future macnerd macrumors member

for the avi files i'm not sure if it can play them but try downloading vlc it's the best media player i've ever found. I don't think I've ever really had a problem with it actually:D

4. edward1027 thread starter macrumors newbie

cool that adc discount is something to look into. 20% isn't a bad discount, compared to the 10% discount that the after thanksgivig day sale, i believe. So can quicktimes play avi?

5. webgoat macrumors 6502a

webgoat

actually now that i look at the adc store the discount varies per product... so a macbook purchase might not benefit as much as a mbp

you can view the store with discounts by going here http://developer.apple.com/membership/usa.html and clicking on the link under ordering information #1

6. jmack549 macrumors 6502

It looks like you only get 10% off on Macbooks. They are listed for $989, as opposed to $1,100.

7. mcmacmcmac macrumors member

the perian codec lets you play avi in quicktime