Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edward1027

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2007
HI everyone out there, i have learned so many things from this forum. I am finally going to get my macbook this month but dont know wether to get it with my educational discount or wait for the after thanksgiving sale. Which do you guys think will be the better discount. Oh also can mac play avi files casue i cant get them to play on my girlfreinds imac even though i already downloaded divx, any suggestions.

Thank everyone
Edward:)

webgoat

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2007
Austin, TX
just throwing this idea out there... sign up for student adc membership for $99 and you can get a 20% discount on your computer purchase plus you'll receive an extra copy of leopard you can sell which may make it cheaper than just the education discount... i wish i had gone this route when i purchased my mbp in july as i would have saved more money and received a copy of leopard

http://developer.apple.com/products/student.html

future macnerd

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2007
for the avi files i'm not sure if it can play them but try downloading vlc it's the best media player i've ever found. I don't think I've ever really had a problem with it actually:D

edward1027

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 11, 2007
cool that adc discount is something to look into. 20% isn't a bad discount, compared to the 10% discount that the after thanksgivig day sale, i believe. So can quicktimes play avi?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.