Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
I'd like to introduce myself as a new forum user and proud owner of a iPad 2. Yes I am the moron :rolleyes: who bought one 2 weeks ago when probably the 3 will come out soon. I had NO DESIRE of wanting an ipad forever bc i have laptop and iphone but all of a sudden, for no reason i got the sudden urge of wanting one and just couldnt wait till ipad3 . I just got the 16g wifi bc I plan on buying the iPad 3 after the 2nd batch is released.

Also, I am shocked the username I chose was not already taken!? iheartsteve lol. :D Am I correct there are over half a million users on here and no one chose this? Of course not everyone is a regular but they still had to register, thus think of a username lol.

RKO

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2008
So you couldn't wait for the rumoured iPad 3 hey? Congratulations on your purchase and also your username. Welcome to the forums and enjoy your new toy. :)

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
So you couldn't wait for the rumoured iPad 3 hey? Congratulations on your purchase and also your username. Welcome to the forums and enjoy your new toy. :)

Lol yes that's correct! I swear I've gotten more research done in the last 2 weeks from surfing the web had I not purchased my new toy lol.

Yes I'm quite proud of my username. ;) thanks for reply!

RKO

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2008
Lol yes that's correct! I swear I've gotten more research done in the last 2 weeks from surfing the web had I not purchased my new toy lol.

Too funny. Glad to see you have your priorities all in order. ;)

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
Many use the same username across multiple forums, it gives a slightly more coherent identity, and easier to remember =)

Grats!
I would have waited, personally, but iPad 2 is a great device and is not going to be obsolete and useless just because a new one is on the horizon. Many have iPad original and plenty happy 2 years on with it.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Many use the same username across multiple forums, it gives a slightly more coherent identity, and easier to remember =)

Darn, I did think of that also being the reason it hasn't been taken but I was hoping no one would say anything. I wanted to think I was clever :D

jekyl

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2011
Mid-Michigan
Darn, I did think of that also being the reason it hasn't been taken but I was hoping no one would say anything. I wanted to think I was clever :D

Well, if it makes you feel better I was totally taken in. ;)

I would never considered buying an iPad but my daughter and son-in-law bought me the iPad 2 32gig as my retirement gift this past Christmas. I "converted" to Mac a couple years ago, partly out of frustration with Windows but mostly I think from watching "Macbreak Weekly" and suffering an unexplainable need to be über-cool like Andy Ihnatko. Oh, I am totally loving my new iPad 2 as well as my iPod Touch 32g Gen4 and my 13" MacBook Pro. I still have a windows 7 desktop machine and while I still use it sometimes, it doesn't get much love.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Well, if it makes you feel better I was totally taken in. ;)

I would never considered buying an iPad but my daughter and son-in-law bought me the iPad 2 32gig as my retirement gift this past Christmas. I "converted" to Mac a couple years ago, partly out of frustration with Windows but mostly I think from watching "Macbreak Weekly" and suffering an unexplainable need to be über-cool like Andy Ihnatko. Oh, I am totally loving my new iPad 2 as well as my iPod Touch 32g Gen4 and my 13" MacBook Pro. I still have a windows 7 desktop machine and while I still use it sometimes, it doesn't get much love.

Heheh thanks! That's nice they got you a retirement gifT. How do you like the MacBook pro?

g0odfr1end102

macrumors 6502
Dec 5, 2010
Montreal, Canada
Always nice to hear from a new and proud iPad owner, WITH or WITHOUT an eventual release in the upcoming weeks! How are you liking it so far? becomes very addicting in the days following the purchase, that was my experience at least ;)

I wish you a lot of fun with your hot new toy!

Agent-P

Contributor
Dec 5, 2009
The Tri-State Area
Congrats on your new Apple product! As long as it does what you need, don't listen to people who say you should've waited. Have fun with your new iPad and welcome to the forums.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Always nice to hear from a new and proud iPad owner, WITH or WITHOUT an eventual release in the upcoming weeks! How are you liking it so far? becomes very addicting in the days following the purchase, that was my experience at least ;)

I wish you a lot of fun with your hot new toy!

Thx! It is addicting! I definitely think apple is going to wait until June/July to release ipad3 not bc I want them to delay since I just bought 2 -- I think apple feels the pressure to trump the 2 since the iPhone 4s was a let down. Also, to honor steve jobs! I think he would want an out of this world ipad3

----------

Congrats on your new Apple product! As long as it does what you need, don't listen to people who say you should've waited. Have fun with your new iPad and welcome to the forums.

Thank you! :D we'll all see when the ipad3 is actually released.

DeusInvictus7

macrumors 68020
Aug 13, 2008
Kitchener, Ontario
Thx! It is addicting! I definitely think apple is going to wait until June/July to release ipad3 not bc I want them to delay since I just bought 2 -- I think apple feels the pressure to trump the 2 since the iPhone 4s was a let down. Also, to honor steve jobs! I think he would want an out of this world ipad3

Since when was the 4S a let down? It's been the best selling iPhone so far. 4 Million in less that 24 hours of pre-orders doesn't really tick the box of "let down" in my book.

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Since when was the 4S a let down? It's been the best selling iPhone so far. 4 Million in less that 24 hours of pre-orders doesn't really tick the box of "let down" in my book.

I was not speaking in terms of sales. I agree the phone was not a failure however many people, would agree that we expected more upgrades especially since the release of the 4s was delayed many months.

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
Just because a product has huge sales numbers doesn't mean it is awesome (see Windows, Wii, McDonalds or the Cubs). The 4s is indeed a fantastic product BUT there is enough questionable design/spec issues that it is understandable why someone would buy one yet still feel it isn't the phone it shouldve been. I love my 4S but I'd the 5 has a bigger screen then I'll lose a lot of money To make sure I get the phone I actually want.

cookiesnfooty

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2009
Harrogate
I just bought one a week ago too despite hearing the rumours I purchased mine for the jailbreak. I will be happy with iPad 2 until the next jailbreak :)

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
congrats! the ipad 2 is awesome. I just got one myself. It is easy to fall into the latest and greatest but really, doesn't matter to me much

Heck, I know someone who just got an iphone 3gs new

iHeartsteve

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 12, 2012
Just because a product has huge sales numbers doesn't mean it is awesome (see Windows, Wii, McDonalds or the Cubs). The 4s is indeed a fantastic product BUT there is enough questionable design/spec issues that it is understandable why someone would buy one yet still feel it isn't the phone it shouldve been. I love my 4S but I'd the 5 has a bigger screen then I'll lose a lot of money To make sure I get the phone I actually want.

Good analogy!

----------

I just bought one a week ago too despite hearing the rumours I purchased mine for the jailbreak. I will be happy with iPad 2 until the next jailbreak :)

Nice! Is it rumors that the iPad 3 will not be jailbreak able? Are u trying to tether ur iPhone to it for 3G connectivity ?

----------

congrats! the ipad 2 is awesome. I just got one myself. It is easy to fall into the latest and greatest but really, doesn't matter to me much

Heck, I know someone who just got an iphone 3gs new

Thx! Basically I finally had funds available so I bought since I had a lot of Internet reasearch to do in the next month so I 'had to have it now' lol

To each their own!

JUiCEJamie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Welcome to the forums! And congratulations on your iPad!

Don't listen to those saying you should of waited, the basic functionality of the iPad will always be the same. 1st Gen, 2nd or the rumoured 3rd? They're all amazing products!!

DeusInvictus7

macrumors 68020
Aug 13, 2008
Kitchener, Ontario
I was not speaking in terms of sales. I agree the phone was not a failure however many people, would agree that we expected more upgrades especially since the release of the 4s was delayed many months.

Fair enough. Although from what we have seen in the 3G -> 3GS, a 4S was exactly what should have been expected. Makes perfect sense too for people with 2 year contracts (although here in Canada we have 3 year ones). That way they always get the proper generation without feeling too obsolete.

jekyl

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2011
Mid-Michigan
Heheh thanks! That's nice they got you a retirement gifT. How do you like the MacBook pro?

I love it. It replaced a 5 year old laptop that was almost twice the price new and in less than a year the hinges were coming apart, as if just Windows wasn't enough of a problem. The Macbook Pro just oozes quality. I do take really good care of it so I'm not surprised that it still looks and works like new. Pity I couldn't say the same about the "other" laptop. As long as Apple makes computers at least I'll never have to have anything else.

Leonard1818

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2011
Hopefully the iPad 2 doesn't go down in price when the 3 comes out. Rumor says it may go down by $50-$100. That'd be an expensive 2-3 weeks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.