Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

esaelias

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2016
Dear All,

1. this is a 2,500 pounds laptop so i feel there should be no ISSUE with it at all!

anyway how much backlight bleed have you got?

is my backlight bleed acceptable? i know there is one in top right hand corner?

i am still in my 14 days so im wondering maybe i could exchange it? but im scared i might get a worse one? i had one before this and it had backlight bleed and a very yellow tint

iv got an ocd, plus paying this much hurts with the smallest things

http://s520.photobucket.com/user/ramureyho/library/?view=recent&page=1

Attachments

• grgr.JPEG
    grgr.JPEG
    158.9 KB · Views: 7,382
  • Unknown.JPEG
    Unknown.JPEG
    156.2 KB · Views: 1,903

esaelias

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2016
yes, I cant see back light bleeding in top right
What is the spot it the centre of the screen in bottom pictures is it the flash?
yes

that is just a light i had one

so if you wer ein 14 days would you return and try to get one with no backlight bleed?
[doublepost=1483093530][/doublepost]
yes, I cant see back light bleeding in top right
What is the spot it the centre of the screen in bottom pictures is it the flash?

you mean you can see it or you cant ?

deany

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2012
North Wales
yes

that is just a light i had one

so if you wer ein 14 days would you return and try to get one with no backlight bleed?
[doublepost=1483093530][/doublepost]

you mean you can see it or you cant ?
I can't see backlight bleeding in the top right of the screen.

Suspended
Mar 18, 2006
For that price I want a flawless product (isn't the reason for paying premium to have a premium product?) .

deany

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2012
North Wales
In Jason Farrells pixel checker test, link above - with screen in full screen - on the black test - are you able to do a screen shot and upload?

Suspended
Mar 18, 2006
Where are the flaws?
I am saying, if he sees a defect (might not be noticeable in the pics) as he is asking if it is normal to have screen bleeding he should consider the exchange.

You know just saying... for 2500+ $ you have to be 100% satisfied...no matter what brand it is!

deany

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2012
North Wales
I am saying, if he sees a defect (might not be noticeable in the pics) as he is asking if it is normal to have screen bleeding he should consider the exchange.

You know just saying... for 2500+ $ you have to be 100% satisfied...no matter what brand it is!
Yes but OP said he suffers from OCD so wanted advice.
Again I ask can you see any flaws?

Suspended
Mar 18, 2006
Yes but OP said he suffers from OCD so wanted advice.
Again I ask can you see any flaws?
With the image quality and the noise it is very hard to tell.. it seems like it but cannot be 100% sure and acceptable is a difficult term... what might be acceptable to some might not be to other.

As said he has to be 100% satisfied, my advice was you have to be 100% satisfied, if he is here reporting means he is not, hence I (if i was him) could care less if you can see it or not, I can see it , I paid good money and i want a product I can be 100% satified with.

It might mean go trough a lot of replacemets (as some iPhone 7 users did ), but in the end I want a perfect product.

Apple might undersdtand QC needs improvement when they see all the returns!

IF you have OCD, you don't even ask... because it will bug you forever :p

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
With the image quality and the noise it is very hard to tell.. it seems like it but cannot be 100% sure and acceptable is a difficult term... what might be acceptable to some might not be to other.
If you're unhappy with it, then bring it back.

Tbh, how often are you in situations where that issue will show itself? I'm not saying you should live with it, but rather point out if your normal usage habits are such that its not visible most of the time what will you gain if you return it?

deany

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2012
North Wales

As said he has to be 100% satisfied, my advice was you have to be 100% satisfied, if he is here reporting means he is not, hence I (if i was him) could care less if you can see it or not, I can see it , I paid good money and i want a product I can be 100% satified with.

It might mean go trough a lot of replacemets (as some iPhone 7 users did ), but in the end I want a perfect product.

Apple might undersdtand QC needs improvement when they see all the returns!

I'm obsessive about ensuring my purchases doesn't have a fault. I cant see a fault worthy of a return based on those images.
I would like OP to try and capture an image of a 100% black screen similar to this-

IMG_0862.JPG

to confirm all is fine.
OP would not want to get envolved in an 'exchange loop' causing unnecessary anxiety to him when the display is fine.

Last edited:

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
OP would not want to get envolved in an 'exchange loop' causing unnecessary anxiety to him when the display if fine.
That's what I was wondering about, if the display isn't defective but fairly normal, exchanging won't help him.

Reactions: deany

esaelias

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2016
That's what I was wondering about, if the display isn't defective but fairly normal, exchanging won't help him.

helo guys

i do have ocd but i can control it...tbh the screen posted here was perfect, the thing is im worried about the top right hand corner not exactly in the right ...you guys are saying you cant see it? really? cuz its abit yellow? i can see it in the picture
[doublepost=1483098133][/doublepost]
I'm obsessive about ensuring my purchases doesn't have a fault. I cant see a fault worthy of a return based on those images.
I would like OP to try and capture an image of a 100% black screen similar to this-

View attachment 680854

to confirm all is fine.
OP would not want to get envolved in an 'exchange loop' causing unnecessary anxiety to him when the display if fine.

is that your macbook?

tbh i am happy with it but after spending 2500 i can see that top right hand corner slight light bleed which is annoying, if i paid less i wudnt worry....only thing that scares me if i get a worse one....apple has said THEY WILL let the engineers know to check before they send a exchange but i doubt that lol what if i get a worse off one? lol
[doublepost=1483098194][/doublepost]

View attachment 680854

to confirm all is fine.

i have captured it in my pics you can see if you scrolll throguh the images in the link above
[doublepost=1483098324][/doublepost]
In Jason Farrells pixel checker test, link above - with screen in full screen - on the black test - are you able to do a screen shot and upload?

yes i will go home and upload it in 20 mins will farrells link

Last edited:

deany

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2012
North Wales
helo guys

i do have ocd but i can control it...tbh the screen posted here was perfect, the thing is im worried about the top right hand corner not exactly in the right ...you guys are saying you cant see it? really? cuz its abit yellow? i can see it in the picture
[doublepost=1483098133][/doublepost]

is that your macbook?

tbh i am happy with it but after spending 2500 i can see that top right hand corner slight light bleed which is annoying, if i paid less i wudnt worry....only thing that scares me if i get a worse one....apple has said THEY WILL let the engineers know to check before they send a exchange but i doubt that lol what if i get a worse off one? lol
[doublepost=1483098194][/doublepost]

i have captured it in my pics you can see if you scrolll throguh the images in the link above
[doublepost=1483098324][/doublepost]

yes i will go home and upload it in 20 mins will farrells link

Hi
Thats not my rMBP, thank goodness!
A close up photo, similar distance as above photo, in a darkened room of Jason Farrells black screen - full screen mode - should show up any backlight bleeding.

esaelias

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2016
Hi
A close up photo, similar distance as above photo, in a darkened room of Jason Farrells black screen - full screen mode - should show up any backlight bleeding.

ok going home to do it now
[doublepost=1483101861][/doublepost]
Hi

ok mate done it....as you can see in top right area there is light bleed, the red colouring for me doesn't matter tbh because in real you can't see it

what would you do?

would you risk getting another one? 50/50 is could be better it could be worse, this will be my third attempt?

deany

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2012
North Wales
ok going home to do it now
[doublepost=1483101861][/doublepost]

ok mate done it....as you can see in top right area there is light bleed, the red colouring for me doesn't matter tbh because in real you can't see it

what would you do?

would you risk getting another one? 50/50 is could be better it could be worse, this will be my third attempt?

Hi

You have returned two already?

The picture does not show 'backlight bleeding' in the top right of the screen IMHO

I would be interested in others chipping in with their views especially with regard to the 'reds'.

ps OP you can upload full screen photos using the 'More Option' > Upload a file > full screen

esaelias

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2016
Hi

The picture does not show 'backlight bleeding' in the top right of the screen IMHO

I would be interested in others chipping in with their views especially with regard to the 'reds'.

ps OP you can upload full screen photos using the 'More Option' > Upload a file > full screen
hello

no i returned one already and this is my second one i am thiknig of returning, thanks for replying

but in the top right hand area what is the extra light bleed can you see it?
[doublepost=1483103718][/doublepost]
Hi

do you think it is a good panel then?
[doublepost=1483103951][/doublepost]
Hi

done i have editied the pic

deany

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2012
North Wales
hello

no i returned one already and this is my second one i am thiknig of returning, thanks for replying

but in the top right hand area what is the extra light bleed can you see it?
[doublepost=1483103718][/doublepost]

do you think it is a good panel then?

I thinks its clearly difficult to get a good image but as I've said I cant see any backlight bleeding on your nrMBP
If you can see light in the corners / edges in a black screen with Jason Farrells test then show them in the store the issue you see.
I have checked my 2015 rMBP with black screen and there is zero backlight bleeding.
I tried to get a photo to upload but the photos doesn't show what I see which is a perfect black screen.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

esaelias

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2016
I thinks its clearly difficult to get a good image but as I've said I cant see any backlight bleeding on your nrMBP
If you can see light in the corners / edges in a black screen with Jason Farrells test then show them in the store the issue you see.
I have checked my 2015 rMBP with black screen and there is zero backlight bleeding.
I tried to get a photo to upload but the photos dont show what I see which is a perfect black screen.
Hope this helps.

yh i guess in real you can see it in the top corner i admit its not much but its not nice when paying that much money, i may just give it back and wait till next year see what they bring out

esaelias

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2016
OMG I just realised that it wasn't the right hand corner, it was the top left hand corner looooool can you see it

deany

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2012
North Wales
OMG I just realised that it wasn't the right hand corner, it was the top left hand corner looooool can you see it

Yes that is 'back light bleeding' -top left.
However its only very slight.
If its something you will notice often, and effect your enjoyment.
Return.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.