Hello! I'm new here. USB/charging cable for a cell phone

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by foolishmortal, May 28, 2008.

1. foolishmortal macrumors newbie

I'm in S. Korea. I got this device. All the words are in Korean, but it does say Mac on it, it does plug into my Samsung 3G cell phone, and my Leopard Macbook 10.5 I got in America does recognize its presence when I bring up the
    info. from about this Mac under the apple icon. The problem is, the computer doesn't say how to upload pictures from the phone. Do I need the phone to have net access? Is there something to download from the website to make these things work, because the package had no installer disks (the Macbooks configure to many things without disks, like my Canon digital cam from home and the high speed internet connection I got here)?

2 LEDUSB24PIN LKvision riltaip charging cable data This is what it is.

http://lkvision.com/phone/product.php This is the product on the company website. Maybe someone's seen something like this. Samsung says there's nothing that connects their phones to a Mac, but I don't know. Do you know if there is a cableless USB that can suck pictures off the cell phone and then you put the device in the Mac and it downloads them?

Thanks a lot for thinking about it, even!

PS I'm not sure, but it almost seemed the cell phone was charging off the computer, but maybe that's just me.

In case I lose this site and Apple doesn't send a link to responses, could you send any important answers to sievephile@gmail.com.

2. m1ss1ontomars macrumors 6502

Most Samsung phones need special Windows-only software to grab things off the phone. I used to be rather familiar with this type of stuff but I haven't played with my phone for a long time. And yes, your phone is probably charging from the computer--that's one of the main purposes of the cable in the first place.