Hello, I'm new.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jondaviseffect, Dec 22, 2008.

1. jondaviseffect macrumors newbie

jondaviseffect

I am a "soon-to-be" owner of a 8gb Iphone 3G in black. it is currently wrapped and under the Christmas tree and i can't touch it until the 25th. It is driving me completely insane.
    I have been reading on this forum for about a week now and just decided to join up. i recently purchased the switcheasy rebel case for when i actually get my iphone. the next item i am looking to purchase is a good set of headphones. I would like to spend $50-$75 and do not really care if a mic or controls are added, i just want good sound quality.
    But anyways, it has been great reading posts, this forum is full of information, and has helped me a lot, and i don't even have my Iphone yet!

2. gjw4u macrumors 6502

Hi jondaviseffect

Welcome to this forum.
    If you do a search in the forum, you will find many posts regarding headphones for your new iPhone.

3. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
  4. Ish macrumors 68020

Ish

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Lucky devil! Next month for me. Then again, it would probably be worse if I got it at Christmas when all the family is here and I couldn't hide away and play with the new phone!

5. Rayfire macrumors 68030

Rayfire

Wow that's a tough patience call on your side. If that was me, I would have totally snatched the box, get the iPhone and place the box back under the Christmas tree :p

Congrats then! Feel free to browse the iPhone accessories forum, there's tons of headphones being discussed there. Good choice on the case, Switcheasy is a well known best customer service company.

6. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Hello and welcome, jondaviseffect. :)
    No doubt, you've watched and will watch again and again, many an iPhone unboxing video on YouTube between now and the 25th. :D

The unique thing about iPhone is, that the honeymoon period won't fade away. ;)

7. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Have you decided if you are going to jailbreak it?

8. Oskee2001 macrumors regular

Is jailbreaking really worth it?? i've always been afraid of messing up the phone somehow. i mean, its not really risk-free is it?

9. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    It pretty much is risk-free. If something goes wrong (unlikely if you follow the super easy instructions), you can always put the phone into dfu mode and restore it and it will be like you never jailbroke it. :D

10. icewing macrumors 6502

Welcome to the family!

Recommend you WAIT to buy new earphones until you try out the ones that come with it. I've been very happy with mine, and I'm pretty picky about sound quality.

11. Tenorsaw macrumors regular

Right now, I have a home theater receiver that I cannot open until the 25th, so I feel your pain.

In regards to your headphones, it depends on what type of music you listen to. For example, do you like music with bass?

12. Poat84 macrumors 6502

Poat84

Welcome to mac rumors! Your in for a lot of fun.

13. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

You are going to have lots of fun with the phone!!

And to poat84, you finally got your iPhone? I though your previous signature said you were waiting for 09! :p

14. Poat84 macrumors 6502

Poat84

I played with my friends phone and I cant wait! He has an 8Gb and its full. Everytime we hangout I always ask to see his phone lol

15. Poat84 macrumors 6502

Poat84

I just put 16Gb white iphone because its the one I want:Dunless the 32Gb model comes out.:D

16. adamerr macrumors 6502a

adamerr

meh.
    32GB?
    Id rather have an iPod and an iPhone rather than this
    :)

17. Surely Guest

Surely

Welcome. Must be torture knowing that your iPhone is just sitting there waiting for you....

I've been using the V-Moda Vibe Duos since February. They're served me well, have good sound, and only cost $99.

18. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

That really depends on whether the default iPhone is lacking a certain feature/s that you really want and can get by jailbreaking.
    It's relatively risk-free and you can easily go back, if you desire.
    For me, all I wanted is to have wallpaper on the homescreens, but I don't really need it, so I've gone back to default.

19. KyPosey macrumors regular

KyPosey

i didnt jailbreak mine, but of course i am lame haha.

20. doobi18 macrumors 6502

Welsome!

1) Jailbreaking is your choice, but remember that despite what anyone says there are NO cons to it - everything is 100% reversable.

2) A good pair of headphones is a must-have, but that's kinda an akward price range. I suggest you push slightly higher and go with either then Sennheiser MM50 iP or better yet the Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 4vi - consensus is that the V-Modas sounds will almost certainly fall apart within a year of purchase.

//doobi18

21. deadsouls macrumors regular

wow you must absolutely have no ear for quality then.

22. adamerr macrumors 6502a

adamerr

or he may not be very picky?

23. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

For some AWESOME headphones, that have unbelievable sound quality, but anything Skullcandy. You will not regret it, and neither have I! :D

Welcome to the forms too! :)

Edit: Jailbreak really is worth it, by the way. Some awesome apps.

24. yoppie macrumors 6502a

Welcome to the forums. Expect to have a good time and to learn a lot here.

25. jalpert macrumors 6502

In terms of headphones, I got in on that $80 deal at Guitar Center for the Shure SCL4 monitors. Technically they are monitors but a HELL of a deal and they sound great. If you have a Guitar Center that still has any left (this was a few days ago) I would jump. They are white, and that color is being discontinued, the black pair still goes for the normal $249.