Hello, ios 8.1.1 jailbreak question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by photographer86, Apr 6, 2016.

1. photographer86 macrumors newbie

Hello everyone. Hope i don't hit for this. I did some searching. Can't find it.

Here is my question.

Iphone 6 plus... Ios 8.1.1 loaded since day one. Never had any issues. Never updated. Works great. If i backup my phone to itunes and then restore the phone..... Since apple is not signing it anymore will it force update 9.3.1? Or will it keep it at 8.1.1 after restoring backup and then i can use tagi to jailbreak? Thanks if someone can answer this question.

2. mikecwest macrumors 6502a

mikecwest

It will make you restores to 9.3.1. You can try semi-restore or cydia impactor on it if you want to keep 8.1.1.

3. StarkCity macrumors 6502a

StarkCity

Is the device currently jailbroken? If not, just back it up..... Don't restore anything. Say no to any prompts from iTunes. Go ahead with the jailbreak..... In the event you / it fails and you need to restore the device, you will be forced to update to 9.3.1

4. photographer86 thread starter macrumors newbie

Mikecwest, starkcity.......

Mike thanks for the info ...

Startcity it has never been jailbroken. Sorry if i missed that in my post. Cool ill make a backup of it and just go for the jailbreak. Ill deal if it doesn't go through but love my factory 8.1.1 just never jailbroke at time.

Thanks for your guys time and info. I'll try without restoring. Was hoping i didn mt have to since i use this like my laptop. Should i look for the version of taig released at the time or using the current taig jailbreak tool all the same? Thats my follow up question

5. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

Use the latest TaiG version. It'll work for 8.1-8.4

6. StarkCity macrumors 6502a

StarkCity

Yes , use the current version...... If it fails for whatever reason, depending on how deep you're into the JB process a hard reset may bring you back out into your 8.1 again. Buuuuut if you ever restore a device with iTunes it will always wipe the jb and force the latest iOS version. Stay away from the 'reset all settings and content' option that is built into the device, once jailbroken, that will always soft brick the device forcing a DFU restore, loss of jb, and being pushed to the newest iOS

7. photographer86 thread starter macrumors newbie

Darricksailo, and starcity

Cool thanks guys. Gonna give it a go tonight. Ugh. Deep breath. Lol. Thanks for the info. Oh any chance got link to download taiG? I can search but is there a recommed ssafe spot?

Thanks again guys.

8. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

http://www.taig.com/en/

9. photographer86 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys for all the help. Well went there downloaded all that. Says it can't find apple driver. Did lots of research on it all bout going to older itunes and still no luck with driver. Anyone have any input if they had that issue.

10. StarkCity macrumors 6502a

StarkCity

Without even looking the driver error is popular. I've had it a few times .... I'll link you the fix

http://www.iphonehacks.com/2015/06/...e-using-taig-ios-8-3-ios-8-1-3-jailbreak.html

Try all this.....

11. photographer86 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks starkcity ill give that link a try tonight lol.

12. photographer86 thread starter macrumors newbie

Taig says....... It recommends I upgrade to 8.4 and use taigpro to do so....

I will not let me continue to jailbreak 8.1.1...

What should I do not. The driver part is fixed.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 15, 2016 ---
    I can go with jailbreak though with taig version 1.2.1 version which i dowloaded from there site so gonna try that.

13. photographer86 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hello everyone. My phone is jailbroken. Thanks for the links, the help, and i got stuck at 60% however reading the fix guide that was posted here about itunes for older computers/graphics card did the trick. To fix the 60% stuck i simply aborted the jailbreak process. Restarted my phone.... Scary got a blue screen for a sec then when it got to home screen unlocked and did jailbreak again. Bam!!! Cydia on my phone with happy face from taig. Lol. I did have to use the older version of taig. I am gonna post some screen shots in case anyone is left on 8.1.1 like i am ill show ya give me a day or two to post though. Thanks for everyone that replied here. Now to the tweaking woohoo!!