Hello Mac Rumours - New user here

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by the8thark, Apr 18, 2011.

1. the8thark macrumors 68040

the8thark

Hello,

I have just registered to this forum. I have been reading it for a long time but never actually joined up. That was because I belonged to another Mac Forum. But the moderators there for no decent reason decided my services were no long required there and logged in one day to find myself with a permanent ban. Rather disappointed at the people there for how they acted but life goes on.

So that's the reason why I'm here. Looking for a place where I can chat about Apple products and other things and get my Apple news fix I need. I don't yet know the "feel" of these forums. I think you never really get that till you actually participate in a forum.

So I hope this place is as friendly as I hope it is. And I look forward to partaking in discussion here.

2 last points.

1. I looked around and didn't find a dedicated place for new users to post so I'm posting this here.

2. Is there a way we can contribute news to MacRumours?
    I just use the form on this page?
    http://www.macrumors.com/site.php?mode=submit
    I do like searching the web for strange and interesting Apple info. And if I send a lot of links through will that go against me?

And what happens to the links submitted that are not chosen as "news"? Are they just lost into the ether or is there a way for people to discuss those too?

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

If it's a significant piece of news, it will go on the front page or page 2. Otherwise, you can feel free to start a new thread about it, and discuss there.

3. afroAnt macrumors regular

4. TattooedMac macrumors newbie

TattooedMac

Wtf ???

MATE wtf happened. I was disappointed to not seeing you there. I went through your old post to try and determine what exactly happened to you. They can be quite pricks at time. The bloody news bot of theres doesnt get anywhere near the responses that you do. It post insignificant crap imho.
    I went ahead and asked Nick as to what happened as i miss my mate and his posts, but i didnt even get a reply back. Me and Nick are always PMing and its weird he didnt reply as he always does.

Ill keep a eye on ya im here and what news ya post.
    When they banned DR he came back in with a new user name and posted for a whie, obviously with a different email, and got caught out as he mentioned a book he read and the prick Mod (we know who im talking about) saw it and went and banned him again . . . He still lurks around but that Mod doesnt know this time lol

We is keeping it quiet hahaha

Mate take care and yea dont like what they have done to you. You can see why now why even some of the Looong time members have up and left . . .

Cheers
    TattooedMac

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Since you seem to know the OP, what is this site your are referring to?

You don’t just get banned for nothing.

6. Grey Beard macrumors 65816

Grey Beard

Seems to be mac-forums.com

KGB

7. WillEH macrumors 6502a

WillEH

Interesting developments going on here? Which "prick" of a mod banned you over on mac-forums?

Also welcome to MR, you'll be safe here ( I think ) ;)

8. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

If potential site-bashing breaks out here, don't be too sure.

Mods here take a dim view of that activity.

And that subject is covered, within these nice links, that Nathan has provided.