Hello! My MAC just crashed and I can't download itunes!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by zebrastar, Oct 20, 2007.

1. zebrastar macrumors newbie

Hey everyone! I'm brand new on the boards here but look forward to being an active poster in the future.

Today for the 1st time ever, I had a hard crash on my Mac... I was about ready to give up on it when I found out the "holding down c right after you turn it on" trick.

I had to reinstall my Mac OSX. The problem is that it is OSX version 10.4.2 and when I try to open up my music it gives me a prompt saying I need OSX 10.4.7

I'm not sure why my itunes worked fine before the crash but now it's saying I need a newer version of OSX even though I rebooted with the original software that came with my mac.

My question is:

Is there a way to upgrade to OSX 10.4.7 for free? or is there a way to download a version of itunes that is compatible with 10.4.2 but still utilizes videos and the itunes store? If the answer to both of these is yes then which one do your reccommend?

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APRRECIATED! :):):)

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Just run Software Update from the apple menu in the upper left corner. It'll update your system all the way to OS X 10.4.10, as well as a bunch of other things.

3. zebrastar thread starter macrumors newbie

wow! I wasn't expecting to get such a quick response! thanks so much, you made my night! (at leat until my wife gets home :rolleyes: )