Hell's Kitchen 2007

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nbs2, Jun 2, 2007.

1. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

2. todd2000 macrumors 68000

3. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I watched the first season, and really liked it. I might watch it this summer just because the advertisment with the fat asain guy crying was sooo funny :D :D

4. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

Love the show. My MythTV just recorded a bunch today. Must have been having a marathon. The chef at the local Nursing home has met him and said he is pretty much a big jerk and does not go by the Chef's code or something like that.

- James

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I wasn't going to watch, but now that I know a fat asian guy will cry on it, I've changed my mind!

*schedules Hells Kitchen 2007 into iCal *

6. majapapaya macrumors member

majapapaya

You want food excitement watch:
    The Martha Stewart Show.
    At least she makes fun of herself being in Jail.
    That dude in Hell's kitchen is an @#$.

7. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Based upon the promos being aired, it looks as if this edition of HK will have Gordon's bullying and abusive behavior at a higher level than the prior two shows. I'll watch until he makes me want to dunk his egotistic head in a large bowl of anything that looks really gross .... that may just turn out to be the first show. Many will be drawn to see him utterly humiliate the Asian man.

8. OttawaGuy macrumors 6502a

OttawaGuy

I will definitely be watching.
    He has another show called Ramsey's kitchen nightmares that is awesome. You should look for it if you like Hell's kitchen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramsay's_Kitchen_Nightmares
    http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/154/index.jsp

9. FrankBlack macrumors 6502

FrankBlack

I must admit, I watch Hell's Kitchen, and I get a big kick out of it. I guess you could call it a guilty pleasure.

It is rather fun to watch him rant and rave, although I'm guessing a lot of that is just for the TV cameras. As for the contestants, you can pretty much spot who will make it to the final episodes, and who won't. I'm betting the crying asian guy is the first to get the door. Some of the contestants take it all in stride, actually thanking Ramsay for the opportunity, even after he has tossed them.

Coming from England though, I'm betting he doesn't know how to make a good Clam Chowder. :)

10. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

I'm not a fan of Hell's Kitchen. I'm not really a massive fan of Gordon Ramsey at all (btw, he is probably the most prolific chef in the UK, perhaps equal with Jamie Oliver; I've no idea how he compares in the US through). However, his Kitchen Nightmares series is great and if you get that in the US I'd urge you to watch it.

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Nope. Soon as the Apprentice ends my share of reality TV is over and done with for another year.

12. Kermit the frog macrumors regular

Kermit the frog

yah it looks like its going to be a lot of fun!

13. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Liar. You'll be up at 3am watching live coverage of the Big Brother housemates scratching their arses...:p

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Oh bugger don't remind me BB is back on :eek: well I suppose thats the Daily Mail with a constant supply of news for the next few months.

15. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

just found this thread. i found out about the show through my parents and the whole family is addicted to this show now. it just amazes me how bad these chefs are in the kitchen, and reminds me why i don't eat out at restaurants.

one of the girls actually served food that was in the garbage today...yuck. terrible service at this place, i wouldn't eat there. do they pay to eat here...i wonder...

and after three shows, the crying asian is gone due to sickness.

16. nbs2 thread starter macrumors 68030

nbs2

From what I've read (either here or elsewhere - I can't remember), the folks don't pay. Also, it really isn't a fancy restaurant - it's essentially a warehouse. The folks that show up? They get paid to eat there, and are for the most part out-of-work LA types hoping that the second or two of airtime that they might get will get them noticed by an employer.

The garbage scene was funny though. My first thought was life imitates art - I could just see her saying "It wasn't in the garbage, it was over it!"

17. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

kitchen nightmares airs here on bbc america, not sure what time, but i would like to see it.

and apparently, rachel from last season died last month in her home.

18. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

my fox station got whacked last week, so i'm going to see two weeks worth of the show tonight starting at 8.

19. FrankBlack macrumors 6502

FrankBlack

An "Americanized" version of Kitchen Nightmares is on the schedule for the fall. Looks like another guilty pleasure.

I had heard that the people who come to HK to dine (?) are ordinary folks who must write well in advance for tickets, just as you would to be in the studio audience for The Tonight show. On HK, there is always the chance you might get on screen for a few seconds, or even get to talk to Gordon himself. Tonight's episode is supposed to feature a wedding party. I can't imagine anyone planning their wedding dinner around a HK episode. Gotta be actors.

Questions for our British friends: Ramsay calls people a "Donkey" quite a bit. I'm assuming that this is a serious insult term. Is it?

What is Lamb Wellington? It looks like lamb in some sort of pastry shell. Sounds like something an English chef would cook.

Have you folks ever eaten Haggis? I understand it's actually quite good, once you get past the psychological barrier of the contents. Long as it's cooked throughly, I don't think there's anything in there that could hurt you, unless you're watching your cholesterol. (I'll bet Ramsay knows how to make Haggis!) I've heard they even sell it canned over in England and Scotland. Why not? Here, we have canned beef stew.

20. JasonMac macrumors regular

JasonMac

21. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

what a terrible kitchen. why did they go there in the first place?

and what was with the women's duck? gross.

22. FrankBlack macrumors 6502

FrankBlack

Apparently, it was left in the oven for far too long, with the intent of keeping it hot. In fact, it dried out to the point of being inedible.

Loved the "death look" Ramsay shot at the redhead, when she said something on the lines of "I don't think we should serve ours, chef". Egads. :eek:

23. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

is it true that real kitchens don't deviate too much from the kitchen on that show?

i think ramsey wants the redhead to run a restaurant, but she sucks. all she does is blame. i want juila (the waffle house girl) to get far.

24. FrankBlack macrumors 6502

FrankBlack

I suspect a lot of them are run that way, with one foul-up after another.
    It look likes like physically laborious work, and I don't imagine most of the jobs pay a lot.

Isn't rapid turn-over a big problem in most restaurants?

25. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

one of the reasons why, despite my pretty good cooking skills, i opted against a career in cooking. i would like to go to culinary school for fun and learn some pro tricks.