Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KrsutyCheerio

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2011
I accidentally removed the cydia app by removing one of the wrong packages from cydia and the icon is gone. How do i resinstall the app?

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
congratulation's we have had lots of people accidentally upgrade firmware, I think you are the 1st to accidentally delete cydia! :eek: so a little info device type formware version an how did you jailbreak it.

KrsutyCheerio

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 19, 2011
I run the jailbreak and it says it is already jailbroken :(

Im using an iPhone 4S and used Absinthe to jailbreak it. It's jailbroken but the cydia app is hiding from me, that little fella.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
I run the jailbreak and it says it is already jailbroken :(

Im using an iPhone 4S and used Absinthe to jailbreak it. It's jailbroken but the cydia app is hiding from me, that little fella.

Plantbeing does not recommend rerunning the Absinthe jailbreak over the previous jailbreak. I'm not sure if that would work you can try. worse case you have to reinstall stock software then rejailbreak. what do you mean it's hiding what about if you search for it in finder. how did you accidentally do this since it's not easy to remove cydia normally it's done with Cydelete in cydia.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.