Help! 10.5.2 Update Stuck!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Jolly Jimmy, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Jolly Jimmy macrumors 65816

Jolly Jimmy

I just downloaded the latest update via Software Update, but after restarting the update is stuck at "Configuring Installation" and has been for almost an hour. I have no idea what to do. Should I turn the computer off? I have a SR Macbook.

Thanks in advance.

JJ

EDIT

Sorry, was in panic mode and didn't see the post addressing this issue.

2. MoeOz macrumors member

3. alekzand macrumors newbie

faced the same problems yesterday. but simply restart and go to apple's site and download the standalone combo updater (355mb) instead and install the 10.5.2 updates from that. it works for me! i hope that helps...:D

4. Ccowboy macrumors newbie

I tried the standalone first and that wouldn't mount, I'm pretty new to Mac's so I don't really know what I'm doing lol.

I tried it from Software Update when the standalone didn't work, that got stuck on the configuring updates like you.

Apparently it's normal for the progress bar to stay still for a while, but I left it for half an hour and decided it wasn't working. I just switched the bloody thing off and hoped for the best. To my surprise 10.5.1 booted up as normal and here I am.

I think I'll leave 10.5.2, 10.5.1 is working just fine for me, if it isn't broken, don't fix it, ya know?

5. mac17 macrumors regular

I have the same problem, It got stuck while installing so I downloaded it from apples site but the disk wont mount, solution anyone?