Help! 10.6.3 Installing on MBP!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vjyoshida, Oct 16, 2013.

1. vjyoshida macrumors newbie

So a few weeks ago, I was using my macbook pro when I noticed there was an iTunes update. After updating, a message popped up saying that I had to reboot in order for it to take effect. After the reboot, I found myself stuck in the "blue screen of death", which wouldn't let me access my login screen, even in Safe Mode. I then did some research on solutions to this problem, but I was never able to find a specific one. Things got worse, and I finally came to the point when I erased my harddrive clean to do a clean install of snow leopard. I ordered the disc, and in a week, it finally arrived. I inserted the disc and booted it. Everything was going smoothly, until I noticed that there was no "loading circle" under the apple logo. 3 beeps kept playing and the apple logo stayed the same for half an hour. Please help, I'm desperate. If anyone could show me a simple solution to this problem, I'd be grateful.
    Note: I lost all the discs that came with my macbook pro, which I think could be a problem.

Specs:
    MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011)
    Installation Disc:
    Mac OS X Installation Disc 10.6.3
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573/mac-os-x-106-snow-leopard

2. chrfr macrumors 603

That is your problem. You need 10.6.6 or newer, which was never released on a retail DVD. Call Apple and you can purchase replacement discs for your computer.

3. vjyoshida thread starter macrumors newbie

Can't I use the 10.6.3 disc and upgrade it to 10.6.8 on a different computer?