HELP! 13" macbook pro and 13" macbook unibody no backlight

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by betamac, Feb 19, 2011.

1. betamac macrumors newbie

Feb 19, 2011
    1) macbook pro A1278 had a spill and was cleaned but now i dont have a backlight. everything else works and if you look hard enough you can see the image on screen and it works on external
    i was told to change the fuse but i cant find it, if anyone can direct me to where it is lol(i can take a picture of the logic board if my camera lets me)

2)macbook unibody A1342 was working great but i think i might have blown a fuse on that one also as the backlight doesnt work. No spill on this one! what happened was i was testing to see if lcd friend bought off ebay that was susposed to be working as it wouldnt work on his(he thought maybe his motherboard was dead instead)

anyhow i tried it out and it didnt work, so i put my lcd assemble back on and no backlight anymore

if anyone can let me know where the fuses are located and i will check if they are open

also i was told that the part is a 2a 0402 fuse and can be bought from

thanks for reading and i hope someone can help :)
  2. macbookpro1 macrumors newbie

Dec 26, 2010
    macbook pro 13 15 17 backlight repair

you can get your backlight fixed for $250 ,check ebay ID vanety92,they are fixing all macbook issue as well,i fixed mine and very happy with their service ...
  3. davidmikhail macrumors newbie

Apr 27, 2011
    did you ever find a solution for your a1342 unibody macbook? I had the EXACT same issue happen to me. put another lcd to test if it works, it didnt work, then when i put my old one back on the backlight stopped working. If I put a flashlight up to the back of the lcd I can see the image on the screen.
  4. bezaria macrumors newbie

Jan 16, 2013
    Sme Problem

Hello David,

I have the same problem. What solution did you achieve finally?