HELP! 13" macbook pro and 13" macbook unibody no backlight

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by betamac, Feb 19, 2011.

1. betamac macrumors newbie

1) macbook pro A1278 had a spill and was cleaned but now i dont have a backlight. everything else works and if you look hard enough you can see the image on screen and it works on external
    i was told to change the fuse but i cant find it, if anyone can direct me to where it is lol(i can take a picture of the logic board if my camera lets me)

2)macbook unibody A1342 was working great but i think i might have blown a fuse on that one also as the backlight doesnt work. No spill on this one! what happened was i was testing to see if lcd friend bought off ebay that was susposed to be working as it wouldnt work on his(he thought maybe his motherboard was dead instead)

anyhow i tried it out and it didnt work, so i put my lcd assemble back on and no backlight anymore

if anyone can let me know where the fuses are located and i will check if they are open

also i was told that the part is a 2a 0402 fuse and can be bought from
    http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=478-2857-1-ND

thanks for reading and i hope someone can help :)

2. macbookpro1 macrumors newbie

macbook pro 13 15 17 backlight repair

you can get your backlight fixed for $250 ,check ebay ID vanety92,they are fixing all macbook issue as well,i fixed mine and very happy with their service ...

3. davidmikhail macrumors newbie

did you ever find a solution for your a1342 unibody macbook? I had the EXACT same issue happen to me. put another lcd to test if it works, it didnt work, then when i put my old one back on the backlight stopped working. If I put a flashlight up to the back of the lcd I can see the image on the screen.

4. bezaria macrumors newbie

Sme Problem

Hello David,

I have the same problem. What solution did you achieve finally?

Regards,
    Bez.