help!!!13inch Air bottom chassis bulging!?!?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by tsdeng, Aug 12, 2011.

1. tsdeng macrumors newbie

Hi, I got my 13 inch MBA yesterday
    There are 2 issues were found, and might be related.

First is that the bottom case bulging. Right side of the chassis is obviously(but still need to compare carefully) thicker than the left side causing it sometimes touching or scratching the surface of my desk.

Second issue is that the battery life is considerably shorter than the specification which is 7 hours. After a full charging cycle, with 50 % brightness, it shows me only 3 hours remaining. And When I actually start using it, the battery exhausts even faster than that. Less than 2:30 hours…So I highly doubt there is some problem with the battery, but I can’t open it

Could you guys please tell me your opinion about that or if it happens on your machine???? Any reply is highly appreciated!!!

2. simply stunning macrumors regular

Take it to an apple store rite away. Not sure what it looks like, but you want to be sure that you get it replaced without them saying you did something to it. The longer you wait the harder it may become.

3. jsolares macrumors 6502a

The only thing that would cause the case to bulge is the battery, and you're getting poor battery life, so i guess it's preparing itself to explode :S, take it back

4. Cynicalone macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

It is possible you got a defective battery.

Take it back to Apple before the battery explodes or leaks all over the place.

5. rbusi2025 macrumors newbie

I have the same problem

Noticed about a week ago that the Air rocked on my desk, I thought that maybe it was warped or something like that. On further inspection it looks like there is a bulge developing on the right side also. Time to have a Genius look at it.

6. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Yeah, when batteries go bad they bulge up and inflate. This could be why you have that bulge on your Mac and why you get very short batterylife. Take it back to apple ASAP.

7. aryan118 macrumors regular

He is right the bulge is coz of the batteries get it REPLACED ASAP

8. calvol macrumors 6502a

Make sure you wear safety glasses around your Air, the battery may explode while you're handling it. Be very careful!!!

9. The Catalyst macrumors 6502

Chalk up another vote for return/exchange before *BOOM*.