HELP!! 1600 Error

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by gonzo0986, Jan 11, 2012.

1. gonzo0986, Jan 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012

gonzo0986 macrumors newbie

Hey Im new here, but i really need help...i was on iphone 4 4.3.3 with 01.05.09BB....and i ve never had any problem using Pwnage Tool for my custome firmwares...

How ever this time as i was following iclarified steps for to jailbreak and unlock my iphone to 5.0.1, itunes gave an 1600 ERROR, and coul not restore with the custome firmware, tried doing it again, tried getting back to 4.3.3 (wich could not do either)...i read about iReb, but i have a MAC, i dont know how to use tiny umbrella, something about using redsnow to put it on DFU,i did not understand..

So please if someone could please give instructions or redirect me somewhere that can help me....thanks....

----------

i meant 01.59.00 BB...and i tried again new custome firmware got Error 1601

2. Bl0ckHe1d macrumors 6502

Bl0ckHe1d

3. gonzo0986 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the response..i bet it has been answered many times....

Im sorry but i dont understand exactly what i have to edit...

4. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

wel actually do it the easy way.

In order to verify if your phone may restore on the 4+ firmwares the check was done on the cydia servers (your host file on your computer had to have an entry to point to cydia)

In 5+ this is not possible anymore and the host file has to point to apple itself.

The host file has to be changed, to do that:

Download TU

Start it up, connect your device, once connected go the advanced tab and uncheck set host to cydia on exit.

Exit TU

Now you should be able to restore through ALT-restore in itunes with your custom ipsw

5. Bl0ckHe1d macrumors 6502

Bl0ckHe1d

I removed the gs.apple line that pointed to Saurik server and while I was at it placed a # (HASH symbol) in front of the 127.0.0.1 iphonesubmissions.apple.com

6. gonzo0986 thread starter macrumors newbie

I deleted it...and it worked!!!...i got around the 1600 error thanks alot...for taking the time to explain..
    No it asks for a valid SIM...guess another problem il have to read about...

7. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

just jailbreak it with redsn0w, that wil activate your phone aswell

8. gonzo0986 thread starter macrumors newbie

I got to jailbreak or at least update with custom firmware with Pwnage tool...
    Now i can jailbreak again with RedSnow to activate it??
    Will the custom firmware i made with Pwnage work with redsnow so that i dont update my baseband to un lock later with ultrasnow??

9. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

The pwnage tool should have jailbroken your custom firmware already, if cydia is installed you are good to go and don't have to use redsn0w any more

----------

Pwnage should have activated the phone as well

10. gonzo0986, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2012

gonzo0986 thread starter macrumors newbie

i did with redsnow...and it still gives me that SIM not valid message...i cant get through to cydia to get ultrasnow....any ideas??

Using redsnow 0.9.10b3 do I still need to reebot tethered???

Should/Can i downgrade back to 4.3.3?? Id rather have my phone working

11. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

no, that should give you untethered boot.

you're confusing me :)

1) Did you make a custom firmware with pwnage and restored with that?
    If so, did you select activate phone in pwnage?
    Your phone should than be jailbroken and activated through the custom pwnage ipsw.

2) did you jailbreak with redsn0w? if so did you UNCHECK deactivate during the jailbreak process?
    After using redsn0w your phone should be jailbroken and activated

3) are you sure you did ALT-restore selected the pwnage custom IPSW manually, or did you use stockfirmware?

12. gonzo0986 thread starter macrumors newbie

1) Yes i did custom firmware and did go to General to select activate,

2) Used iclarified tutorial to make custom firmware with NO BB...and followed all instruction

3) Yes im sure I used both times the custom firmware made by both Pwnage and RedSnow...

It does everything, gets to manage language and wifi...and then gets to a grey image that says...SIM not valid...Only compatible SIM cards froma supported carrier may be used to activate iPhone...

13. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Somehow your customfirmware did not activate the phone, use redsn0w to make you a new custom firmware without the BB update, restore with that. Jailbreak with redsn0w, leave deactivated unchecked, that works for me, i'm also dependent on ultrasn0w

14. gonzo0986 thread starter macrumors newbie

Got it...finally..thanks alot for your help...whats Corona for??

15. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

16. dinggus, Jan 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2012

dinggus macrumors 65816

I don't want to open another thread, so here is my issue.

I updated to the iPad Baseband with 5.0 and I was deployed so I didn't know if the SIM card worked or not, and now I would like to update to 5.0.1. So, I've tried a custom firmware with redsn0w and sn0wbreeze, no luck.

So I searched on google about downgrading the iPad Baseband and was told Fuzzyband from Cydia can downgrade it. Downloaded it, along with the cert I was told to download. Still no luck.

I'm getting error 1600, 1601, 11, 21, 2005.

My host file redirects to Saurik.

All I want is my phone to work again, quite annoying.

17. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

For 5.01 your host file needs to point to apple instead of saurik/cydia, try that first

18. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

What are you trying to do here?
    Unlock your phone?

You have a baseband of 06.15 which can't be downgrade now. So, you are stuck with it. What is the firmware on the phone now?

By the way, fuzzyband is only work for iphone 3G with bootloader of 05.08. Yours is 3GS and it will not work.

19. dinggus macrumors 65816

Thanks for the response. Only reason I did the iPad Baseband was so I can use my 3GS on my deployment, but there's no need anymore. So, I was able to update to 5.0.1, just now I can't get passed the activation on the phone itself.

I have even restored with the iPad Baseband again with redsn0w, still no activation. I even used PwnageTools with the hacktivation, still getting the No Service.

Should I try sn0wbreeze hacktivation? Or could my SIM be messed up?

20. javiwankenobi macrumors member

I did this and still getting error 21 and 1600. Im using Windows Vista, does that have to do anything with my issue? I should point out that Ive never used TU before this.
    Please help, Im desperate.

21. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Because of the iPad baseband, you are not getting service on your sim. So, if you want to have service back, you will need to jailbreak your phone, then unlock it with ultrasn0w 1.2.5 and you will get your service back.