Help! 2 problems with Parallels 3.0/Vista Business

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by seattlemaclover, Oct 8, 2007.

1. seattlemaclover macrumors member

Feb 26, 2004
    Seattle Washington USA
    I am running Vista Business on a 2.33 MBP w/ 3gb of ram.

Since I upgraded to the newest version of Parallels I am having an issue with the Windows Task bar disappearing every time I start windows or go into/out of coherence. If I open Control Panel and go to the task bar settings and toggle autohide and keep on top on and off, the bar will reappear. Any Idea what would cause this, and or how I can go about fixing it? It is very annoying.

My second issue is that at some point I have inadvertently configured the virtual machine to close Parallels on shutdown of the VM and as a result I cannot open the configuration pane to change this or any other setting. How do I fix this?
  2. brkirch macrumors regular

Oct 18, 2001
    While Windows is running try going to the "Applications" menu and selecting "Show Windows Taskbar".

Hold down the command key when opening up the virutal machine to prevent it from automatically starting, and while the virtual machine is off you should be able to edit its settings.