HELP - 2 Questions

Discussion in 'iPad' started by livelauglove, Jan 28, 2011.

1. livelauglove macrumors newbie

Hello,

I know nothing about iPads and I need simple answers to the following questions:

1. How do you get an existing Outlook email account onto the iPad?

2. Can you have multiple iTunes accounts on the ipad? If so, how do you do this?

Thanks!!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Outlook is only an email client, how the client connects to the email server is what you need to know. The iPad connects to Exchange (corporate email accounts using outlook as the client), iMAP and POP email accounts so you should be all set in that department.

No, the iPad is a single user device and is designed to work with a single iTunes account.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Actually, you *can* sign out of an iTunes account on your iPad and sign on to a different iTunes account. I do it, for instance, to buy music and apps from the Japanese iTunes store. However, it doesn't always work as it should. Just last night, I was trying to update an app I had purchased through the Japanese iTunes account, but it kept on giving me the login for my US account, no matter how many times I signed into the Japanese account. I finally had to download the update on my computer.

Which brings us to the real limitation of the iPad (and any other iDevice) -- it can only sync with one computer. You can't have some of your music on your work computer and some on your home computer, and sync with both. You've got to consolidate all your music on one computer, and sync from that one.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member