Help: 2015 MBP Retina Battery Questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hypnosis, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Hypnosis macrumors member

Hello guys. Newbie/convert here. Just a few quick questions I'd really appreciate to be answered.

What is the designated maximum charge capacity? I'm currently at 6679 (2 charge cycles).

What are normal battery temperatures? I was just charging my macbook pro and surfing the net (had skype, imessage, spotify running in background) and my temps went up to 37.2 C. Is this normal?

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Don't worry about the battery it will be fine, apps to monitor them fluctuate wildly and cause more worry than anything else. see here for all your battery questions.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=9875442&postcount=23

Do not worry about your temperatures (battery temps who monitiors that???) I didn't even know there was a battery temperature sensor to monitor them, anything under 50 degrees for a battery sounds fine to me. Charging will of course cause the battery to get a little warm and the processors can go up above 95 C before you even have to think about worrying.

3. Hypnosis thread starter macrumors member

Oh okay. Thank you for the informative reply. I was just getting worried because it'd go up to 37C in just a few hours of browsing with the adapter plugged in.

4. calvol macrumors 6502a

The Battery Health app says my battery is 1.1 years old, 98% capacity, with 65 cycles, and running at 30.3 degC.

5. Hypnosis thread starter macrumors member

That's pretty impressive. Do you use your macbook often? If so, how'd you keep your battery in such a good condition?