Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

twonga

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
hi,

over the past few days i have noticed that if i lock my phone (or it auto locks).

When i unlock then 3g/edge wont work (error of "cannot open page"). It will only start working after i restart the iphone, but once i lock it again and then unlock it does the same thing (not every single time, id say 6 out of 10 times it does it though)

it does say ive got a 3g signal and also i know its not the network as my mate is sat next to me on his iphone and its working fine for him on 3g

WiFi works as normal when connected...

i am on 3.1.3(7e18) jailbroken with Spirit - 05.12.01

o2 - UK PAYG, the apn settings are also correct

EDIT: it now seems to not even work when i restart! again wifi is fine but on 3g/edge internet now dont work at all. I have just done a full restore so its non jailbroken etc and its still a issue

Can anyone help as its driving me crazy!!

Thanks in advance

twonga

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
please!!!anyone?

could it be a hardware issue? really dont want to take it back to apple!!

Moi un Mouton

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2008
Bracknell UK
If I were in your position, first thing I'd do is restore the phone in iTunes and see if that fixes it. If it does you know it's not a problem you can take to Apple. If it doesn't, take it in.

Then retry Spirit and see if anything changes.

Then reload any JB apps and see if anything changes.

You'll either fix the problem or you won't but at least you'll know where it comes from if it's still there.

twonga

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
If I were in your position, first thing I'd do is restore the phone in iTunes and see if that fixes it. If it does you know it's not a problem you can take to Apple. If it doesn't, take it in.

Then retry Spirit and see if anything changes.

Then reload any JB apps and see if anything changes.

You'll either fix the problem or you won't but at least you'll know where it comes from if it's still there.

hi, thanks for the advice, i have already tried that and it is still a issue!

i got a feeing its a o2 payg data issue but there dont seem to be anyone else complaining of the problem!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.