Help- 3G running 4.0.1 OS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by danfoc, Aug 4, 2010.

1. danfoc macrumors newbie

I downloaded OS 4.0.1 on my 3G and half of my pic's in the album screen are blacked out. I can tap them to come up but i cant preview, i have restarted, and restored no joy.

2. Jawwwwsh macrumors newbie

I had this same error, I found no fix and have reverted back to IOS 3.1.3 now as the few extra features in IOS4 are NOT worth the much larger collection of faults, annoyances and the glacial speed drop.

If you want help reverting, just ask as it took me a few days to work it out :)

3. King Luis macrumors 6502

i have the same issue with about 12 of my latest pictures out of 250 of them taken.

4. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

5. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

here's how i fix this issue, as it also happens on the iphone4.....

1. unlock your iphone
    2. open the photo app
    3. plug your phone into computer/itunes and click "sync" while the photo app is open
    4. after phone is done syncing, you should see the battery charge icon on your iphone, move the lock slider to the right to "unlock"
    5. you should see a white screen with grey picture frames on your screen and the words "updating your photo albums" (or something along those lines)

if it still is jacked up, just re-click the sync button in itunes.

the key is in step 2. make sure you have the photo app OPEN before you sync.

6. Pillar macrumors 6502

Pillar

i just did that, thanks for the info.

now hopefully no more blacked out album screens.

7. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

no, the blacked out images will still occur as you take future photos with your iphone. but the fix is what i outlined above. it's a problem with iOS 4