Help! 3GS on 4.1 carrier unlock

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jim.bright17, Feb 18, 2011.

1. jim.bright17 macrumors member

My 3GS is on baseband 5.14.02, I've googled it and the only thing I've found it updating to the iPad baseband. Just wondering if anyone knows of an easier way to get this phone unlocked? It's already jailbroken, and of course ultasnow doesn't work, any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

2. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

No. You're the one who made the decision to update your bb, now you have to deal with the consequences.
    If you live in a country where you can get an unlock from your provider, that's the only way to do it sans ultrasnow.

3. jim.bright17 thread starter macrumors member

Alright, so then the only way would be able update to iPad baseband and unlock with ultrasnow?

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Currently, this is the only way to unlock your phone. No one knows what will happen tomorrow or in the future.

5. jim.bright17 thread starter macrumors member

6. chargit macrumors 6502a

chargit

hopefully you real all of the pros and cons about the ipad baseband. there is a saying....once you iPad you never go back...or something like that. this option is not reverseable and you will void your warranty of you still have one. but it is real easy to do. just download redsnow.