Help! 3GS stuck in restore after IOS5-update

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by EmoTheOne, Oct 18, 2011.

1. EmoTheOne macrumors newbie

My 3GS is stuck on restore. After several attempts to upgrade to IOS5 it worked, but I couldn't get my data from the backup to the phone. Then itunes suggested a restore. So I did. But now my phone is stuck in restore. It's not recognized by itunes, only when set to DFU-mode. When I put it in DFU-mode itunes tells me I need to restore to be able to get it up and running since it's still in recovery.
    I've probably tried that 100+ times about now resulting in it almost finishing the restore(sometimes it crasches earlier) but then chrashes in the end showing different errorcodes, some existing in apples online-guide, some not (these are some of the codes I've gotten: -1, -1015, -1604, -2006, -3004 and more.. have stopped keeping track by now...) . I've tried restarting my computer, changing cables, changing usb-ports, restoring manually from a downloaded ipsw-file, trying to downgrade to 4.3.5, creating a new administrator on my computer and trying to restore from itunes that way, doing all the different home-button/power-button combinations I've found in different forums, turned of the firewall, deleted my virusprogram, deleted the phone-backups in Itunes etc.

I've been able to complete the restore 2 times, but when the phone is going to restart to finish the restore it gets stuck looping the apple-logo for a while, than just the pixels going on an off, then it shuts down and I'm back to square one again...

Anyone have a solution? I've tried calling apple, but they won't help since I bought it from a cellphoneoperator, and I've changed operator since then so they won't help..
    My phones not jailbraked, but I've paid to get it unlocked from my previous operator...

And yeas, itunes was updated when I first attempted the update. I have also bought Lion since than in hope of that being the problemsolver, but no luck..

Anyone?
    I've been trying to get it back up for 4 days now...

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Where did you buy the phone from? US or oversea?

As you indicate above, my concern that for some reason, this phone was unlocked by someone installing Ipad baseband and that the reason you can restore it with Apple official firmware.

3. EmoTheOne thread starter macrumors newbie

I bought it from 3(a swedish mobile operator) in Sweden. Since than my subscription with them has expired and about a month ago I paid for them to unlock my phone so I would be able to use it with my new operator. It wasn't unlocked in the store right away, I had to wait about a week until apple unlocked it and I could sync it with itunes to get it unlocked.

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

So, it's seen like you have a factory unlock Iphone. You should be able to upgrade to the latest firmware without any issue. May be try a different computer and/or different cable or USB port.