HELP 3GS upgraded to iOS5 and stuck on activate and other issues

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dreamingoflions, Oct 29, 2011.

1. dreamingoflions macrumors newbie

Hi there,

I was foolish enough to update my 3GS with baseband 6.15 to iOS 5 because for some reason the jailbreak for 4.1.2 just messed badly with my reception so I thought going to iOS5 might fix it.

Anyways I upgraded it through redsnow and restored it in iTunes with the NO_BB_iPhone2,1_5.0_9A334_Restore.ipsw but now when I turn on the phone there comes an activation screen. I go through the set up, selected disable location services, but then it tells me that my SIM card is not valid and I just can't get past that stage. Did I upgrade it incorrectly and is there any way past that screen so I can at least use my iPhone as a iPod?

Any help is really appreciated!

2. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Activation needs an original sim card, I assume ATT, the card does not have to be active any old non working card will do. An alternative would be hactivation which I believe is probably available with redsn0w under extras.

The original SIM card is always the best option, and you can temporarily borrow one from a friend.

3. dreamingoflions thread starter macrumors newbie

[/COLOR]
    I live in Spain at the moment. There's no way for me to get an AT&T sim card...

I checked under extras and couldn't find anything :(

Do you know if this is a teethered or unteethered jailbreak?

Also is there a way to check on which software, firmware, and baseband I am? Currently in iTunes I get no information. All that it tells me is that my SIM is not valid....