HELP! 6 is bent

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by its Dale, Dec 4, 2014.

1. its Dale, Dec 4, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2014

its Dale macrumors 6502

I am asking if any of you have experience w/ a similar situation.

I bought my iPhone 6 back in Sept. from my Supervisor (who is currently on vacation). I do not have a receipt, I'm sure I can ask him for a copy.. he ordered it online. However, he wont be back until 2015.

I noticed today that the phone is VERY SLIGHTLY ALMOST NOT NOTICEBLY bent near the volume buttons. My display is SLIGHTLY lifted. I can see it and it moves when i push it down,

My question is: Will it be an issue that I don't have a receipt and bought it from someone?

I hear people say "No questions asked", but does that really mean No questions ask? I had the iPhone 5 before and had to go to the genuis bar when it was new. I dont remember if they asked me for any info.

If anyone had similar experience, please chime in. I don't want to tell them how i got my phone if it will hinder chances of replacing it.

TLDR: Appointment w/ Genuis Bar coming up Saturday to possibly replace phone. I bought phone off someone i know, but cant obtain a receipt until 2015. Will there be an issue?

2. chabig macrumors 68040

Do you think your Supervisor will refuse to refund your purchase without a receipt? ;)

3. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

4. its Dale thread starter macrumors 6502

no, im at work and have no way to take a photo. I dont think its even noticeable in a picture. U can tell more-so when i push the display up and down

5. its Dale thread starter macrumors 6502

haha im not going to mention its bent. Just going to show them that the display is lifted.

6. Neokiller309 macrumors member

That's probably the best option. I had two iPhone 5s' replaced due to the screen lifting, While waiting on the second replacement they told me the glue that is used in the factory doesn't completely dry in place sometimes.

7. its Dale thread starter macrumors 6502

did they ask you for a receipt or proof of purchase?

8. AkuskaUK macrumors 6502

AkuskaUK

I sold my black iPhone 4 when the white one came out, the white one i purchased was from a friend. The screen clicked at the top right corner, when i went to an Apple store, they replaced it right then and there.

They shouldn't ask, but they may?

9. its Dale thread starter macrumors 6502

Cool thanks. Thats good to know there's a chance so i dont waste a trip.

10. its Dale thread starter macrumors 6502

Update****

Im here at the Apple Store right now. Waiting for them to "fix or replace" my display and "crescent moon" front facing camera. No questions asked other than "does it click when you push the display down". They estimated an hour to try and fix the issues and said they will replace the phone if they can not fix the issues. no receipt needed

11. cc999 macrumors 6502

wow

What was final outcome? Fixed or replaced?

CC

12. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

Crescent moon? I thought it was barely noticeable. :p Hope you receive an eclipse.

13. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

kingofwale

why would you need a receipts? Was there any doubt that your iPhone 6 is outside its 1 year warranty?

14. Acronyc macrumors 6502

I've never needed the receipt when getting stuff repaired or exchanged at the Apple Store. I think you'll be fine.

15. TigerMSTR macrumors regular

What if he bought it in 2008?

16. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

We know he didn't.

17. hamiltonDSi macrumors 65832

hamiltonDSi

My display is lifted but the phone is not bent. If you search "za interweb" you can see hundreds of threads about lifted / clicking displays on the iPhone 6. Some came right out of the box wih this issue. Mine developed the clicking display about a week ago and I bought the phone on launch day.

18. its Dale thread starter macrumors 6502

Lol the bend was barely noticeable, but the crescent moon was obvious. The phone they gave me is in perfect condition. My old 6 even had a tiny scratch on the bottom.

19. burgman macrumors 65816

burgman

Drugs or time machine which is it??

20. its Dale thread starter macrumors 6502

If I knew then I wouldn't be asking. I know it's only been like 3 months, but I was just making sure no proof of purchase is needed

21. burgman macrumors 65816

burgman

People rag on Apple, some issues to be sure but great customer service is worth a lot. Try doing this with any other phone maker except Microsoft.

22. its Dale thread starter macrumors 6502

Replaced. After an hour they said "it'll be ready in about 15 mins." After that, they said it couldn't be fixed so they replaced it

23. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

vmaniqui

did they replace it with new or the one in a plain white box ?

24. jpeg42 macrumors 6502a

jpeg42

25. TigerMSTR macrumors regular

Yes.