iPhone Help. 9.1 broke my sisters Cellular

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by Phonzoxd, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Phonzoxd macrumors 6502

She said Cellular dont work anymore on her Iphone 5. Is there a way to revert back? Is this a known problem?

Any fixes?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Has she tried restarting? Taking the SIM out and putting it back in? Resetting some settings, like network settings? Perhaps restoring?

3. Phonzoxd thread starter macrumors 6502

Shes not home yet, but by restoring do you mean connect to itunes and use the last back up?

Does that work? That reverts back to the old OS?

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

I mean basically reinstalling the latest iOS to see if that would resolve it.

5. gordon1234 macrumors 6502a

It's highly unlikely that iOS 9.1 has anything to do with this issue. If there was a wide-ranging cellular connectivity issue with 9.1, a lot more people would be complaining. Most likely something just went wrong in the upgrade process - a settings file got corrupted or something to that effect. reverting to the older version is not the solution you're looking for.

Doing the things C DM mentioned in his initial post, in the order he mentioned them (checking after each step) will almost certainly resolve the issue.

6. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I wouldn't use the last backup, as the corrupt file may be located in that backup. Try resetting network settings. - Settings->General->Reset->Reset Network Settings. If that doesn't work, I would restore it and set it up as new. A pain but will most likely solve the problem.

7. Phonzoxd thread starter macrumors 6502

8. Marshall73 macrumors 6502a

Marshall73

Restore using iTunes then setup as a new phone. Test the cellular functions and if all is well restore the backup.

9. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I had a similar problem with my 6+ today after upgrading to 9.1, a couple restarts seems to have fixed it though.

10. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers