Help a brotha out!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by KentuckyHouse, Jan 8, 2012.

1. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Yesterday or the day before, I was reading through one of the threads here and someone mentioned a case company that also sold headphone jack covers and 30-pin port covers separately. I even looked the company up, and I thought I bookmarked the site, but apparently not. Now I can't remember or find the thread and I can't remember the case company. :mad:

The port protectors they sell are similar to the ones Switcheasy has with all their cases, but unfortunately, Switcheasy doesn't sell theirs as standalone products.

Can someone help me out and let me know who this case manufacturer is that has these separately?

(Note: I know I can get cheapies on eBay, but I liked that this manufacturer had lots of different colors and I don't mind paying a tad bit more for them)

2. vtclan macrumors regular

3. KentuckyHouse thread starter macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

That was it!!! Man, thank you so much! If I could up-vote you a hundred times, I would. :D Again, thank you!

4. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

5. KentuckyHouse thread starter macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Because I like to cover my ports to keep moisture and dust out. I use some cheap ones right now that I got from eBay and Radio Shack, but Radio Shack stopped carrying the 30-pin connector covers, so I've been looking for some alternatives.

6. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Those look a lot better than the cheap eBay ones. Thanks, just ordered some.

7. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

it just seems like more of a hassle then anything else.

8. KentuckyHouse thread starter macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

That's exactly what I was thinking when I saw those the other day. I also picked up one of their cases for my GSII, though my 4S is carrying most of the load these days.

To you. I'm not trying to be smart, but what do you care what I do or don't do with my phone? I asked for help with something, vtclan came through for me and in the process helped out jjk454ss. Why even bother to comment?

I like to keep my phones in tip top shape for resale at a later time. To me, keeping the ports free of dust and moisture is just another step in helping to do that.

9. Ali. macrumors member

Good find, just ordered a set of both the dock and audio jack caps in Red Wine :D

The Red Wine should look good with my Bookbook.

Thanks!

10. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

It just seems that you'd be better off with a case that covers your whole phone. In any case I found this if you're interested http://www.cellularfactory.com/deals/item-42077_3675.html&eng=dn?eng=dn

11. KentuckyHouse thread starter macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Thanks for the link. And I do have 4 different Otterbox Commuters that have the built-in port covers, but lately I've been liking thinner cases, yet I still want to be able to cover the ports.