Help - A dumb question that is asked repeatedly

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Harlowgold1, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Harlowgold1 macrumors member

Hi friends,
    Well I just sold my MacBook Air, which was wonderful computer. However, I have Type II diabetes and my vision is strained at times. I thought the retina display would help me immensely. I went into the Apple store, and I was surprised how light-weight the new retina display Macbooks really are! I purchased the 13" and I am now worried that I have buyers remorse. I am wondering if I should have moved up to the 15"??? http://cdn.macrumors.com/vb/images/smilies/tongue.gif

Things that are important to me: display, fairly lightweight, comfortable on my lap and for moderate travel. :p I know this is a dumb question, however, does anyone have advice? Any owners of the 15" that provide insight!?!

Help Jenny :eek:

2. wiznet macrumors regular

So you bought the 13" without trying it/comparing it to the 15"?

Anyways, both are great screens, and I think you'll be fine with either, you'll notice a drastic change in clarity. If you have a problem, lower the resolution to see things bigger, such as fonts.

Even though the 13" is slightly thicker, you won't notice a difference that way, but you will notice the difference in overall size, making travelling easier as well.

3. Harlowgold1 thread starter macrumors member

Oh yes...I kept pacing back and forth in the store and they are both much lighter. I just kept having memories of my 2009 MacBook Pro that felt like I was carrying lead in my briefcase :mad: Thanks Jenny

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

If you're only concerned about the weight, the 15" model is less than a pound heavier.

That being said, the 13" model is going to be closer to the weight of the MBA that you've gotten used to.

5. Harlowgold1 thread starter macrumors member

Good advice