Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jasdway

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
I have been away from the fourms for a VERY long time..

I have an original 8G Iphone running 1.1.4 Firmwire something has gone wrong to where itunes can no longer reconigze it so i am pretty sure im going to have to restore.

What firmwire should i restore to, and what program is the ABSOLUTE easiest and fastest way to jailbreak it. I dont have much time to spend on it due to work and school so im looking for the fastest easiest way. Any help will be thanked

Please help.....!!!

Jasdway

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
I tried installing WinPwn i dled vrs 2.0.4 of winpwn and when i go to run it it says the this application has failed to initializes....

How can i fix this? i have unistalled and installed it 3 times

Is there another program i can use to jailbreak my phone?

Jasdway

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
2.1 firmware and quickpwn is the easiest

Ok i am using quickpwn cause winpwn wasnt working

I followed the instructions but it gets stuck at the "Wait for your iPhone to connect in recovery mode" and just sits there for like its been 15 minutes it wont do anything down at the bottom it says preparing your device idk whats going on do i have to manually put it into recovery or what?

Jasdway

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
OK nothing is working for me i have tried QuickPwn and WinPwn..

Something got messed up where i couldnt get my iphone out of recovery mode so i restored using Itunes to 2.0.2 and its sitting at the activation screen.

I tried using the new winpwn beta version but it gave me an error telling me the program needed to shut down now im stuck with an iphone at the activation screen and i have no idea what to do...

When i used QuickPwn it went through all the steps fine got it into dfu mode and did the countdown all that stuff but its stuck at the spinning cog with hte pineapple and stays there i waited like 30 minutes before i decided to restart it and it went straight back into dfu mode

HELP ME

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
You know, you could of just restored and used 1.1.4, and then ZiPhone'd it..

Try plugging in the iPhone to your computer.
Turn off the iPhone. Close itunes once iTunes sees the iPhone. Close quickpwn or whatever your using.
Hold the home button and power button until the apple logo appears on the iphone, then let go of the power button while holding onto the home button.
Download iPhone firmware 2.2 and update to that, and just wait for a jailbreak release, so you can at least use your phone for now.

Jasdway

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
You know, you could of just restored and used 1.1.4, and then ZiPhone'd it..

Try plugging in the iPhone to your computer.
Turn off the iPhone. Close itunes once iTunes sees the iPhone. Close quickpwn or whatever your using.
Hold the home button and power button until the apple logo appears on the iphone, then let go of the power button while holding onto the home button.
Download iPhone firmware 2.2 and update to that, and just wait for a jailbreak release, so you can at least use your phone for now.

Ok well i figured out how to get it working on 2.0.2 except i am having 2 problems.. First no sound at all it vibrates but no sound. Secound When i go to text it freezes for a second or 2 then allowes me to text..

and nick i would have done that if i actually had hte contract with ATT and didnt have to activate and unlock

Jasdway

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Ok well since no help i had to figure it all out but i got it but it wont allow me to put my email address in it says that the address or password is wrong and i doubled check like 100 times

CocoaPuffs

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2008
Ok well since no help i had to figure it all out but i got it but it wont allow me to put my email address in it says that the address or password is wrong and i doubled check like 100 times
Restore your phone through iTunes with the latest firmware. Go to dev team's website and download the QuickPwn. Follow the exact direction listed, and all should work fine.

If you continue to run into issues, post as much details as possible on the issue, so people can better assist you on this forum.

Jasdway

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Restore your phone through iTunes with the latest firmware. Go to dev team's website and download the QuickPwn. Follow the exact direction listed, and all should work fine.

If you continue to run into issues, post as much details as possible on the issue, so people can better assist you on this forum.

Latest Firmwire as in 2.2.0? i thought that wasnt jailbroken yet or is really risky to do it

Jasdway

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Ok well What program is the safest and fastest way to jailbreak in 2.2.0

Cause im not liking the crap i have now. My email wont work, Youtube says i have to connect to itunes to be able to use it so... Ya please help me

When i text is freezes for a second and like lag's everytime i hit a letter.

If you need any info please let me know ill post whatever

I would just like everything to work!!

CocoaPuffs

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2008
Ok well What program is the safest and fastest way to jailbreak in 2.2.0

Cause im not liking the crap i have now. My email wont work, Youtube says i have to connect to itunes to be able to use it so... Ya please help me

When i text is freezes for a second and like lag's everytime i hit a letter.

If you need any info please let me know ill post whatever

I would just like everything to work!!
There is only one way to jailbreak at 2.2...

If you are having such tough time reading instructions, perhaps you should ask someone else to do it. It is very simple and straight out of box...

Jasdway

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
There is only one way to jailbreak at 2.2...

If you are having such tough time reading instructions, perhaps you should ask someone else to do it. It is very simple and straight out of box...

What program do i use i cant seem to find anything about it here on the fourms

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.