Help a newbie Mac owner with making these ringtones?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Imola Ghost, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Imola Ghost macrumors 65816

OK, I bought some ringtones from iTunes, however it seems as though it's not as easy as just selecting them as a ringtone on this iPhone.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?id=299931206&s=143441

Could someone show me what to do to make these into a ringtone so I can use these on my iPhone?

I've got a Macbook Pro and Garage Band which is what I heard I would need but I don't know. I kind of feel ripped off because iTunes showed these as ringtones and I bought them but for some reason they need to be converted or something which is beyond me as to why.

Anyway thanks in advance for your help.

2. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

I'm actually just heading out, or I would write out a step-by-step instruction as to how to trim these down, but hopefully someone else will come along and offer their help. I just want to say that these really shouldn't be on iTunes; they're under Music rather than being sold as ringtones. Seems a bit dodgy to me. :(

3. Imola Ghost thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks.

Also is there a way to keep the ringtones from playing/show up while I'm playing music thru my iPod? It seems as these are showing up as music and it would be annoying to be listening to some music thru the iPod in the car and BAM some loud ringtone comes blaring out.

4. Imola Ghost thread starter macrumors 65816

I've managed to figure out how to cut out and make a few ringtones from the ones that I bought.

What a shame it is to have to go thru all of that when I purchased them in the first place.

5. cdinca macrumors 6502

Are you sure you know what you bought?

The ringtone symbol means that they are songs that iTunes will allow you to make into ringtones from within iTunes. So you first have to buy the song, then tell iTunes to make a ringtone which you will also have to buy. So 99 for the song and another 99 to make it a ringtone.

6. Kevisty macrumors newbie

I guess what you bought are not ringtones, if them are ringtones, you can just simply sync them to your iphone.

What do you mean "I've got a Macbook Pro and Garage Band which is what I heard I would need but I don't know"? You have problem making ringtones with Garage Band? Since you are a Mac user, you can use iphone Ringtone Maker for Mac, which i am using now.