Help a newbie out?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by solost1, Jun 9, 2012.

1. solost1 macrumors newbie

Do I need to do anything different to jailbreak a brand new iphone 4s that has nothing installed on it just activated not even any contacts yet ? And also what spfyware would you recommend I install to monitor a teen's activity on it? Ex BF probs and we want to be sure he is leaving her alone! Thank you foe ant help. Totally new to the iphone and not very computer savy!!

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

3. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

No different to JB a brand new iPhone 4S. Just download the tool and JB it then sync all the stuff you need back to phone. There's no tweaks/apps that lets you spy on anyone.

4. solost1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I've seen several software programs advertised online, but just wondered if anyone has any ones they would recommend?

5. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Did you not see "Absinthe 2.0.4 for jailbreak."?

6. solost1 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes, I saw that but am still wondering about a good monitoring software to purchase...

7. RandomTaskbar macrumors newbie

>.>

8. solost1 thread starter macrumors newbie

OK, thanks. I know there are no apps or tweaks, but there is downloadable software available that can be downloaded after jailbreak. That is what I was hoping for some suggestions on. I think I am asking in the wrong forum though. But thanks for the jailbreak info though!

9. labman, Jun 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2012

labman macrumors 604

labman

you can ask your carrier about spying on your kid many offer services and can explain them. I'd be real careful about doing it behind her back. She will see it as a total betrayal of trust and run right to said BF. ;)

10. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I would second labman's advice. You run a serious risk of alienating her is she finds out, which could backfire completely. You have to carefully weigh the benefits against the risks.

That said, if you're paying for the phone there are things you can arrange with your carrier to allow you to keep track of her phone activities with much less risk of detection. You can ask for detailed billing, for instance, or pay for location tracking services, all done remotely by the carrier.

In the end, though, your best bet is to talk to her and to work with her on this issue.