Help a PC switcher with install

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ItsAddison, Oct 27, 2007.

1. ItsAddison macrumors newbie

I've decided I'm going to do a clean install on my new Intel Mac just because I'm OCD about my computer running perfectly. I need to basically reformat my PC's external hard drive so I can use it to back up my Mac. Will I lose iLife by doing this? And will my old programs, like MS Office, reinstall in Leopard with the old Tiger disks? Thanks in advance. :confused:

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

You will lose iLife (you can get it back from the install disk) and your other apps can be reinstalled from their respective disks :)

3. DanB91 macrumors 6502

u do not need to format ur hdd, but it must be in HFS+. if its not u can create a partition in HFS+ and b/c of leopard u dont even have to format the drive to format the drive to partition :)

4. ItsAddison thread starter macrumors newbie

My main question was really how do I get my PC's external harddrive to be formatted for my Mac.

Will I lose ALL software, such as GarageBand? My iLife came preinstalled so I'm not sure I have disks for it. Do yall think a clean install is really necessary? I haven't really had many problems up til now with Tiger.

5. ItsAddison thread starter macrumors newbie

Dan! That's exactly what I need to know. Can you direct me to some directions on how to accomplish this?