Help! A spill has deprived me of my fullstop!!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hoffpig, Jan 1, 2007.

  1. hoffpig macrumors newbie

    Jan 1, 2007
    Worse, i am also without the question mark ,,, wasn't much tea in the cup and i cleaned up really thoroughly but next morning these vital keys were sticky and no amount of hopeful tapping will bring them back to life
    any suggestions, or do i have to take the iBook G4 into the shop
    help much appreciated - it's a real drag:eek:
  2. mklos macrumors 68000


    Dec 4, 2002
    My house!
    You'll probably have to take it into Apple for repairs. I thought at one time that the keyboard was a user-serviceable part on the iBook. Its really easy to change. They keyboard isn't that expensive either.
  3. Porco macrumors 68030


    Mar 28, 2005
    I agree with the post above, but just to say, if you open the 'international' pane of system preferences, go to the 'input menu' tab and turn on the 'Keyboard Viewer' and then also make sure you've got 'Show input menu in menu bar' on as well you can use the Keyboard viewer to click a full stop or question mark until you get it fixed :)

    One you have your flag in the menu bar, choose 'keyboard viewer, and a floating keyboard will appear on the screen. Simply make whatever window/field you want to type in active and then click the required character from the floating window.

Share This Page