Help a switcher remove SIMBL.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by harlemink, Feb 12, 2008.

1. harlemink macrumors newbie

So I installed wifind soon after switching. After 10.5.2 I keep getting an error. I look it up and find I need to remove wifind.

The thread I read says: "One note: WiFind is a SIMBL plug-in, which means that it hooks into your OS's files to work. You might be worried by that, since it sounds like it's somehow changing your system, but you shouldn't because it doesn't. According to the FAQ, if you decide you don't like WiFind, all you have to do to is remove the "WiFind.bundle" from the "/Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins/" folder and restart. Simple! "

I feel stupid asking, but how do I get to the /Library folder and how do I delete the wifind.bundle?

Is this a terminal thing?

Please help a n00b.

2. pjrobertson macrumors 6502a

Simple really. Click on your HD (dekstop) and then Library -> App Support -> SIMBL
    It'll ask you for your password when you try to delete
    Also, go into your home directory (your name, picture of a house) and go library -> app support -> SIMBL

There will also be SIMBL stuff in Library (get there as mentioned above) -> input Managers -> SIMBL
    (Password again)
    and ~ (home directory as above) -> library -> input managers -> SIMBL

To delete the files just press CMD + Delete as usual :D

Hope this helps

3. harlemink thread starter macrumors newbie

ROCK STAR!

Thanks for the help! We switchers still have more to learn ya know. It's hard figuring out the easy things on here :D

4. pjrobertson macrumors 6502a

5. Kalafut macrumors regular

Kalafut

YAYS thank you i had the same problem
    i made my life better by switching last december