Help About this Mac Lion

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by IngerMan, Aug 20, 2011.

1. IngerMan, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2011

IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

I just noticed I can no longer hit the tabs "software update" or "More information" When I pick About this Mac. The tabs are not highlighting.

Any ideas :confused: Everything else seems fine.

2. IngerMan thread starter macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

4. IngerMan thread starter macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

Twice.. 3x Now. If I click software update in the apple logo, nothing. If I hit about this mac the screen comes up but software update and more info are grayed out and can't be selected??

5. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

6. IngerMan thread starter macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

I guess I will be waiting for the apple support line to come back to work. I put a call in to them, I am not sure if they are back on Sunday or I have to wait till Monday.

Every thing else seems fine but I would be lying if I said it did not bug me.

7. IngerMan, Aug 20, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2011

IngerMan thread starter macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

Problem solved. I am not sure what it was, I wish I would of tried repair permission in disk utility.

But on the 4 restart I decided to hold the command & R keys. We all know what happens after that.

What ever my time frame is from the last post to this post is how long it took to reload Lion over wifi and of course check some things out. I also reset my browsers and went through the tabs entering my user name and passwords.

All is good, not sure what it was. :confused:

Edit: added note I was curious about re-installing Lion with out the USB stick. I have to say it went smooth. The nice thing about re-installing OSX is that all your stuff stays as it was, docs, files, settings. It's not really like starting over.

Of course if you erase the hard drive and then do it, that is starting over.