Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IngerMan

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 21, 2011
Michigan
I just noticed I can no longer hit the tabs "software update" or "More information" When I pick About this Mac. The tabs are not highlighting.

Any ideas :confused: Everything else seems fine.

Last edited:

IngerMan

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 21, 2011
Michigan
Did you try rebooting?

Twice.. 3x Now. If I click software update in the apple logo, nothing. If I hit about this mac the screen comes up but software update and more info are grayed out and can't be selected??

IngerMan

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 21, 2011
Michigan
I guess I will be waiting for the apple support line to come back to work. I put a call in to them, I am not sure if they are back on Sunday or I have to wait till Monday.

Every thing else seems fine but I would be lying if I said it did not bug me.

IngerMan

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 21, 2011
Michigan
Problem solved. I am not sure what it was, I wish I would of tried repair permission in disk utility.

But on the 4 restart I decided to hold the command & R keys. We all know what happens after that.

What ever my time frame is from the last post to this post is how long it took to reload Lion over wifi and of course check some things out. I also reset my browsers and went through the tabs entering my user name and passwords.

All is good, not sure what it was. :confused:

Edit: added note I was curious about re-installing Lion with out the USB stick. I have to say it went smooth. The nice thing about re-installing OSX is that all your stuff stays as it was, docs, files, settings. It's not really like starting over.

Of course if you erase the hard drive and then do it, that is starting over.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.