HELP! About to sell my 13.3" 2011 MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by therep2004, May 20, 2012.

  1. therep2004, May 20, 2012
    Last edited: May 20, 2012

    therep2004 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2012
    #1
    Hey everyone, your input would be greatly appreciated.

    On a whim, I've placed my 2011 MBA 13.3" 128GB for sale for $1200, and to my surprise have gotten good responses. The computer sells retail for $1299 +tax.

    I've never sold a mac product before, but after I got the new iPad, I really don't enjoy the MBA's screen as much as I used to, which has caused me to consider selling. Obviously, I'm now interested in the 13" MB Pro, which should be released very, very soon. Isn't it supposed to have the following?
    - Retina display
    - SSD
    - Ivy Bridge

    If so, this seems like a really great update Apple has in store. It seems like if I sell my 2011 MBA I can turn around and get the Pro for $1199, assuming the price points remain the same.

    Am I thinking this through clearly, or is this is a bad impulse decision? I can do without the Air for the few months I would need to wait no problem.

    Again, thanks for you input!

    ***I'll probably end up selling it for $1150, at least I hope to.
     
  2. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

    ugahairydawgs

    Joined:
    Jun 10, 2010
    #2
    The whole inclusion of retina displays and stock SSDs is just speculation at this point. It may be there....it may not. I wouldn't make a decision based on those possibilities.

    That said....if you would like to upgrade and you can get that much for your MBA, then I'd take it and run. Even at $1,150 you'd be getting more than what Apple charges in the refurb store.
     
  3. The Samurai macrumors 68000

    The Samurai

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2007
    Location:
    Glasgow
    #3
    The question you need to ask is - will the iPad do everything YOU need to do until the new MBP's arrive. If yes, go ahead and sell the MBA - you'll get a good price for it now. Come nearer the refresh - a lot of people will be flogging theres on eBay / Gumtree so the price might go down a little.

    Re the SSD, Ivy Bridge & retina display - as poster #2 pointed out, its all speculation but its fair to say we will see the majority of the things from the 'rumours'.
     
  4. Dunbar macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2010
    Location:
    Los Angeles, CA
    #4
    Assuming you can truly get $1200 for your MBA I'd do it if you're seriously contemplating the upgrade. Worst case you can buy another MBA for about the same price you're getting. A retina display on a Macbook would be nice.
     

Share This Page