Help about Windows ! Thank you :)

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Heruvimum, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Heruvimum macrumors newbie

Greetings guys...I have a MAC PRO 4.1, early 2009, 2.26 ghz X 2 Cpu1s, 32 GB Ram, and 256 SSD Intel 840.

I want to know if it is possible, to install 2 Windows Operating System, along with Mac Osx ?

I want to have on the same mac, Mac OSX, Windows XP for some old aplications, and the new Windows 8 ...Will this be possible ? Many thanks

respect

=Michael=

2. PaulKemp macrumors 6502

Respect back to you Michael!

I would seriously check out some of the virtual machine software that's around, like Paralells 8 and VMWare Fusion 5. They let you start and use those OS's form within OS X.

You loose some of the total power from the host machine (your Mac), but you dont have to reboot to use another OS like XP or Win 7. So, unless your legacy applications are very CPU / GPU heavy. Try out the trial of both Fusion and Paralells.

Paralles 8
    VMWare Fusion 5 Download

3. Wardenski macrumors 6502

For basic stuff, there is VirtualBox - which is free but it can't do graphics very well.

I run XP and 7 in Virtual box but the Mac version is very poor at using more than one core per virtual machine.

4. AnonMac50 macrumors 65816

You can install one or two more hard drives, and install Windows there. One on one hard drive, the other on the other hard drive, or on a partition on your SSD