Help??? Absinthe Jailbreak Messed Up iPod

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by KAB2010, May 30, 2012.

1. KAB2010 macrumors 6502

My iPhone 4 is on version 5.1.1. I jail-broke it yesterday and noticed my iPod app is completely useless. It plays a different song when I choose one, doesn't play some songs at all, and very few play correctly. I restored to a backup that I made before jailbreaking but it did nothing for the issue. I even reset all settings. Can anyone provide suggestions? Invested a lot of money into my music and would love to be able to use them.

2. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

I had this problem too. Go to Settings>usage>music>swipe to delete all and then sync to put your music back on (a tip from this thread), which fixed it for me. Oddly, trying to do this through iTunes alone (by unchecking the Sync Music box and then re-checking it and syncing again) did not help.

3. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Yeah it's been a common problem even during stock iOS 5 betas. Deleting from the device and then re-syncing the music over will fix this. If not, then a restore as new will.

4. KAB2010 thread starter macrumors 6502

That fixed it. Thank ya so much! Was in panic mode lol.

5. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

You're welcome. :) I was too. I didn't even notice the problem until I went to the gym on Saturday and my workout playlist wasn't working. Damn near ruined my workout. :D