Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sfseay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2007
Can somebody please send me the file at sfseay(at)gmail.com?

ITouch now won't boot without this file.

ebel3003

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2007
"The Google"
Can somebody please send me the file at sfseay(at)gmail.com?

ITouch now won't boot without this file.

If you kept your rdisk0s1.dmg file, the application is still in there and you may still be able to SFTP to your iPod, copy it over, and then reboot. The SSH daemon starts before Springboard is loaded.

sfseay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2007
If you kept your rdisk0s1.dmg file, the application is still in there and you may still be able to SFTP to your iPod, copy it over, and then reboot. The SSH daemon starts before Springboard is loaded.

Thanks for the reply. I did have my rdisk0s1.dmg file and was able to SFTP the file to the iTouch. However when I restart the itouch I'm still on the screen with the apple logo. Not sure what to do now. Any hints. I hate to have to JailBreak again.

ebel3003

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2007
"The Google"
Thanks for the reply. I did have my rdisk0s1.dmg file and was able to SFTP the file to the iTouch. However when I restart the itouch I'm still on the screen with the apple logo. Not sure what to do now. Any hints. I hate to have to JailBreak again.

You could do a chmod to make sure it's executable since you did just copy it over, but I'd give it like 3 minutes to try to boot.

Code:
chmod -R a+x /Applications/*

sfseay

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2007
You could do a chmod to make sure it's executable since you did just copy it over, but I'd give it like 3 minutes to try to boot.

Code:
chmod -R a+x /Applications/*

It had been about 10 minutes since I SFTPed the files so I ran the chmod -R a+x /Applications/* command and rebooted the iTouch.

Still no luck. I would guess I need to Jailbreak again?

By the way, when holding down both buttons I never get the slider to power off. That may also be why things aren't working right?

cavemonkey50

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2007
Allentown, PA
Springboard isn't stored in Applications, it's stored here: /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app

After copy it over run chmod -R a+x /System/Library/CoreServices/*

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.