help, account being accessed from another machine or device

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by anonymous4a, Apr 27, 2014.

1. anonymous4a macrumors 6502

Is there anyway to see what machine or device my account is being accessed from ? I got this warning when I was trying to purchase an app on the itunes store.."Your account has been accessed from a new computer or device, and you must verify your payment information beofre you can make purchases" Is there a way to see a list of ip addresses or something to see who's been accessing my acount ?

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Someone has hacked or gotten the password for your iCloud account. Go to Apple -My Apple ID and change your password ASAP!

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I wouldn't spin your wheels trying to see where/what computer was responsible but rather change your password. If you didn't use a different laptop/device to sign in, then it could be someone else so to be safe change your password.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Be sure and change the password of any other site that uses the same password as well.

5. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Even if Apple allowed you to view the IP of what access your account (which is not the case), you wouldn't be able to do anything.
    Luckily, Apple's protection has worked, so changing your password is not even something you have to do until you plan to buy something. It'd be best if you changed it soon though, to avoid forgetting the situation and perhaps verifying your payment information when someone else has your password.

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I assume this wasn't the first time you purchased something on this particular device?

And did you log in to your account from a different (presumably new-to-Apple) device prior to that?

Never hurts to change your password anyway. Unless you then forget it.

7. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

There isn't any way to see where it was coming from, was the device that you were trying to make the purchase from new? It's been a while since I got a new device, but that sounds like what I remember it saying when you try to buy something on a new device for the first time.

If you haven't used a new device recently just change your password so whoever got it can't access your account anymore and don't worry about it too much.

8. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Use a password suggested by iCloud/Keychain. If you can't remember them you can always get the password from your iPhone settings page.