Help - Activating on home PC (iTunes) but restoring data from work computer (iTunes)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by swoods93631, Jun 21, 2010.

1. swoods93631 macrumors regular

Hi All,

My iPhone 4 shipped, yay! This is my first iPhone upgrade and have never needed to restore the backup from my 3g to a new phone. So my question is...

I have my new IP4 shipping to my house but I sync with iTunes on my work computer.

Can I activate my new IP4 on iTunes on my home PC in the evening when I get home to my shiny new phone and then restore all my settings, data and apps from my work PC iTunes the next morning at work? Or do I need to just wait until I get to work to activate the new phone?

Thanks for your help!! :)

2. swoods93631 thread starter macrumors regular

3. swoods93631 thread starter macrumors regular

I was really hoping someone would be able to help me out....:confused:

4. markab macrumors regular

Plug it into your home computer to activate then select setup as new iPhone. Anything you do with it now until you re-setup at work will be lost.

Then when you get to work plug it in and then it should ask you if you want to restore from a previous backed up phone or setup as a new phone. You can use either option but if you setup as a new phone you will have to setup all your syncing options etc again so probably best to restore from backup.

5. swoods93631 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you, That is what I figured, just needed some confirmation!