(help) activation? wtf?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by dakotamon, May 9, 2009.

1. dakotamon macrumors newbie

my friend gave me his old iphone. the 2g. i currently have the 3g. i want to be able to use them both. so i restored his phone, and now it wants me to activate it (completely new plan or something...) why is it doing this? it wants to charge me money. shouldnt i just be able to restore it to my number somehow? with my stuff from my 3g.

how can i fix this

2. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

Put in your iPhone 3G chip and then Activate it. It doesn't charge you anything, it just means it becomes active with the network service.

3. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

Won't that renew her contract for another 2 years from the moment it activates?

I'd suggest jailbreaking and activating it using QuickPwn or Pwnage - there are great tutorials at iClarified.com here.

4. dakotamon thread starter macrumors newbie

if i go threw the activation it will charge me money. i tried. is there a way to get around this :confused:

5. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

I don't believe that it will, since the phone company must get your approval over the phone I think.

At least it didn't refresh my contract.

6. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    like r6girl said jailbreak it, and it will become "hacktivated" so to speak. :)