HELP! Address Book Disappeared

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kristenz, Aug 6, 2007.

1. kristenz macrumors newbie

kristenz

We had a storm last night and I didn't shut off my computer so it turned off. When I re-booted, my entire address book was gone! I thought, no problem..all of my contacts are on my iphone. When I synced the iphone to the computer, it took them off my phone as well. So now I'M FREAKING OUT.

I do have a .mac account and I just checked to see that all the contacts are saved there. How do I get them back on my computer or my iphone.

One more thing. I have a laptop as well. The contacts are safe there so I did a sync of my iphone with my laptop and got them back on my phone. So, how do I get them from my phone back onto my imac?

I'm working off of OSX (10.4.10)..

Please help!

Kristen

2. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

you should be able to do it with isync. just be sure you check the box that erases data from the mac and not the .mac account. also, you can restore your iphone's contacts from a saved backup. look in the preferences in itunes. there should be an iphone tab with a few saved backups.

3. kristenz thread starter macrumors newbie

kristenz

I got it!

I probably did it the hard way but I went to my laptop and created a back up CD. Then I inserted the CD in the imac and it asked me if I wanted to overwrite the address book with information on my CD and my contacts re-appeared!

Thanks for your response!

Kristen:D