Help adjusting icons?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Stereo, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Stereo macrumors member

Hey guys I need help fixing some icons. I'm using the i2hd theme and the custom icons I make have black borders around them. I attached a photo to show you what I'm talking about. Any way to fix this? I made them using the template included with the theme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attached Files:

2. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

Did you read the INSTALL.PDF? The first thing it tells you is that there are 4 system files you need to rename on your device. One of them is the file that creates those black borders.

3. iFiend macrumors 65816

Ding ding ding

4. Stereo thread starter macrumors member

So, I basically add ".bak" after the .png on those files? That's what I did and nothings changed.

5. Stereo thread starter macrumors member

Bump ... Still looking for a solution.

6. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Assuming you unchecked and rechecked the theme in Winterboard (and did a respring as part of that:

Most icon themes have two templates, one sized for App Store app icons and one for Cydia/System app icons. This is the type of issue you tend to see if you're using the wrong template, so double check that. (I make this mistake all the time with Upojenie, get on a roll making icon alts for clocks or calendars and forget which template I'm in when I switch to making app store ones)

And are you using the Bundles method for these, or the Icons method?

7. Stereo thread starter macrumors member

Bundles. I'll recheck on the template, but I'm sure I used the correct type.

Edit: okay I fixed it. It seems I needed to rename both regular png and 2x.png, which it did not state in the in the readme file