General Help after attempting to install iOS 6.1 beta 4!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by puertorioninja5, Jan 20, 2013.

1. puertorioninja5 macrumors newbie

Well my iPod touch 4th gen was having many performance problems while running on iOS 6.1 beta 4, and I restored the device back to 6.0.1. Instead of hitting update when trying to put back iOS 6.1 beta, I hit restore, and as I'm not a developer, I am now stuck with the error message "This device is not registered as part of the Apple Developer Program."

I read that you can DFU restore to get back to normal, but there's one problem with that - my iPod's home button is broken and will not recognize any presses. Is there a way I can force my iPod into DFU mode even with the broken home button?:mad:

2. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

How did you install the beta without being in the dev program?

3. puertorioninja5 thread starter macrumors newbie

You can install it by hitting Shift > Update on iTunes with the beta IPSW.

Where I am at now though, I cannot do the Shift > Restore, as it just shows up the message saying my device isn't registered. I can't go into DFU mode because my iPod touch's home button is broken. Is there anything I can do from here?

4. matttye, Jan 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2013

matttye macrumors 601

5. puertorioninja5 thread starter macrumors newbie

I looked at the guide, but where it says iTunes, I go there, and I cannot go to the restore button or the update button. I'm stuck at that screen which is pretty much like a brick wall.

6. Mrg02d macrumors 65816

I thought a dev account was required for installing these betas...I heard people get completely stuck while doing this without a dev account.

7. Drich290195 macrumors 6502

Drich290195

The only way I can see is register as a developer or register your device with a developer to test their "software" that is your only option as you can't restore