Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boo-yee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Ran Boot camp. After partitioning hard drive it ask me to put windows disk in, install windows, then put mac os x leapord disk in after to install drivers. I put original windows xp in, then it reads windows disk for a short time then spits it out and screen turns black and it tells me to "insert bootable device then hit any key" I put windows disk back in and hit any key and nothing happens for twenty min. Finally I turn power off, and turn back on and it spits disk back out. I then put Mac os x Leopard disk in and it does same thing but noe it won't give me disk back. I keep turing off then back on and it keeps giving me promt to insert bootable disk and hit any key but it won't give me disk thats insde. What do I do next.... 1. Do I take hard drive out and re-install and maybe it will reset? 2. Do I buy new harddrive and re-place and start from scratch? 3. Is there a way to manually get disk out? What next Please????

new core 2 duo white mac book with 120 gb HD and 1 gig of ram. It was bought from Apple store in August of this year. I hope I have'nt totally ruined it.

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Sounds like you don't have the Windows disc that is required.

Regardless.. reboot and hold down Option. Choose your OS X boot partition. Hit Return.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.