Help after Unlock confirmation

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by trlyka, May 20, 2015.

1. trlyka macrumors 6502a

trlyka

I got my confirmation email and instructions from AT&T on how to unlock the phone….

I have the confirmation #….

Thank you for contacting AT&T about unlocking your mobile device.
    Congratulations! Here are your unlock instructions:
    For iOS 7 or later devices, please turn off Find My iPhone before unlocking your device.
    For iOS 7 or later devices, please turn off Find My iPhone before unlocking your device.
    1. Open iTunes on your Mac or PC and verify that you have Internet connectivity.
    2. Ensure the original SIM card that came with this device is inserted in your iPhone.
    3. Connect your iPhone using the dock connector to USB cable that came with your iPhone.
    4. Backup and restore your iPhone using iTunes. For information on backup and restore, please visit http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414.
    5. After restoring, your iPhone will be unlocked.

I already wiped the phone to sell it, so I don't want to backup or restore it. How do I make sure it gets unlocked without doing those steps?

Thanks

2. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

You do not need to restore anymore for the unlock. Your phone is unlocked and you can verify by using another carrier SIM card.

3. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

trlyka

I'm selling it, so I restored to new before I requested the unlock. Then I got the email and haven't done anything since. I personally won't be using it on another carrier. Whoever buys it will be. It still says AT&T under Carrier. I assume that will change with a new SIM from a different carrier?

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Correct.
    Its unlocked for good.
    Anyone can stick any GSM sim and it will work without anything else.

5. trlyka thread starter macrumors 6502a

trlyka