HELP!!!!! AirPlay Not Working

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by UKapple, May 21, 2014.

1. UKapple macrumors regular

Hi, I've just today bought the latest ATV and come home and installed it. Whilst it seems to have connected ok to the TV the airplay feature just won't work. I've logged into both my itunes and iCloud account on it, allowed home sharing on both the PC itunes and ATV but whenever I activate the airplay feature on the ipad or iphone it just won't display a mirror copy on my tv despite the phone and ipad recognising the airplay/ATV.

I've even rebooted and installed all the latest software on the device and it still won't work. All my devices have up to date software and the broadband connection is good.

Any help guys, I'm starting to lose patience!

2. jdblas69 macrumors regular

3. JoeShades macrumors 6502a

airplay and airplay mirroring are two different things

4. UKapple thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks but I finally got to the cause of the problem. It looks like the mobile broadband I've been using is not allowing the devices to talk to each other. It's a mobile broadband connection (MIFI) on the 3 network. Thinking that it may be this that's causing the issue I took the ATV over to my parents and used their brand new broadband connection as opposed to my broadband device which is at least 2 year old now. It worked perfectly fine on theirs so I know it's that which is the issue. Thankfully I'm having new broadband installed in just over a week.